•  

COVID19 compliant - Saturday Afternoon - Fewbie Plus Desert drive- Faqa Loop - 27 Feb 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

2 minutes ago, Joe Biju Joseph said:

Ah that's fair enough, my 5tb and 6th drives I think we're february last year. My bad. Thanks for the heads-up

Is there a way that I can check the drives I've done ?

I'm really sorry, I wish I could accommodate you :( I hope to get to drive with you soon :) 

Edited by Foxtrot Oscar
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Foxtrot Oscar I have to drop out as check engine light has come on again and I have to take it to the garage now. 

• Like (+1) 3

Good morning fellow adventurers,

What a beautiful day for a drive! 

Today's drive will be focused on the Faqa area, I plan to loop around here, although that could change :) The drive is as ever dependent on the members of the convoy. All I ask is that you bring your wits and of course a good sense of humour in order for us to have the maximum amount of fun out there in the sand. 

We will  be using radio channel 2 (two)

My proposed convoy list is as follows:

Driver

Car

Level

Position

Angela @Foxtrot Oscar

Black x

Expert

Lead

@Ilya Golubinsky

White wrangler

IM

2nd lead

@Shehab Alawadhi

F150

Fewbie

3rd

@Arman

Silver Wrangler

Fewbie

4th

@Mohamed Seidam

White x

IM

CF

@Junaid120120

Cream FJC

Fewbie

6th

@Ashok chaturvedi

Yellow FJC

IM

7th

@siddharth maheshwari@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ

White Wrangler

Yellow Wrangler

IM

IM

8th

9th

@Islam Soliman

Black Yukon

IM

sweep

Edited by Foxtrot Oscar
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

11 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Foxtrot Oscar I have to drop out as check engine light has come on again and I have to take it to the garage now. 

Wise decision dear Thomas and safe better than sorry always 🙏🏻 See you soon bro 

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

I had halff expected you to remove yourself as this was an issue yesterday too huh? Always best to get these things  checked, by a mechanic, especially if you plan to take your car into the desert. Hope it isn't too much of an issue and you're back in the sand soon. :) 

Edited by Foxtrot Oscar
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

Wise decision dear Thomas and safe better than sorry always 🙏🏻

Thanks @Mohamed Seidam. The rubber boot connecting the air filter box to the throttle body is broken and seems to have inducted sand inside the intake manifold. Trying to source the rubber boot but sadly it looks like I got to hunt for it in spare parts shops 

5 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

I had halff expected you to remove yourself as this was an issue yesterday too huh? Always best to get these things  checked, by a mechanic, especially if you plan to take your car into the desert. Hope it isn't too much of an issue and you're back in the sand soon. :) 

Wise but very sad decision. I was looking forward to the drive. Always enjoyed driving under your lead @Foxtrot Oscar

• Like (+1) 4

Hey @Foxtrot Oscar, I just had a family offroad drive at Qudra, and now I am free (Still at Qudra, 43 Min away from meeting point)

I was wondering if I could still slip into the convoy? 😃

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 2

Drive Report

What to say about Faqa that hasn’t already be said? Everyone was in great spirits as we gathered to ready ourselves for what we all hoped would be a great afternoon of driving. We picked our way through the small patch of technical dunes to reach the long range slopes. As we did so @Shehab Alawadhi found himself atop a crest and @Junaid120120had an ungual stuck. It didn’t take long to get them both off again and the convoy motoring through Faqa’s glorious dunes.

In a convoy that was intermediate driver heavy I looked to see how well @Shehab Alawadhi, @Arman and @Junaid120120 could handle ridge riding and criss crossing . It was clear that after a couple of trial runs the three of them were more than up to it.

Satisfied that our Fewbies were technically capable I increased the challenge and we headed further into the dunes. Just at that, we had two sick passengers, and alas @Mohamed Seidam and @siddharth maheshwari had to exit. I hope your passengers feel better now.

We reached the other side of Faqa, an area not often explored, and  here the fun level really increased,. We tackled ridge after ridge, found an amazing sweeping bowl and side sloped and crissed – crossed 'til our offroad hearts were content. 

I can’t thank everyone enough for their excellent driving that made for  a very fun afternoon. @Ashok chaturvedi clearly loves his FJ but I don't think his good lady s as big a fan ;)  @Ilya Golubinskywas a fantastic second lead.  It was great to drive with @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ and great to see you progress .  @Islam Soliman once more helped keep everything going at the back as sweep. Thanks @Islam Soliman for all your help today.

Special praise for @Shehab Alawadhi, @Arman and @Junaid120120 who all had great drives, followed the tracks and kept with the pace.

Well done everyone and thanks again for a great afternoon in the sand,

Until our next adventure. :) 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Last minutes plans always tend to turn out good. It was an amazing fast paced drives with several scenic landscapes with cool winds adding freshness to atmosphere. Everyone drove really well and we only had  a handful of resfuals/stucks.

Thanks @Foxtrot Oscar for making our Saturday much more engaging and fun.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use