•  

COVID19 compliant - Saturday Afternoon - Fewbie Plus Desert drive- Faqa Loop - 27 Feb 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

1 minute ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Thanks for the good advice @Frederic. I checked with the mechanic and he said this sand intake is not a major problem as very little sand entered the inlet manifold. However he agreed to flush the oil and do an oil change as I'm  in doubt. Anyways the oil change was due in another week as only 2000 kms were left for the oil to be changed. 

Did you have the Check Engine Light appearing prior to this ? 

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 minute ago, Frederic said:

Did you have the Check Engine Light appearing prior to this ? 

Never except on the iftar bowl climb. The same drive had made some refusals which lead to stucks and I believe the inlet manifold hose was cracked prior to this which made a difference to the momentum. I had felt the power was giving up at the crucial time when its needed. @Junaid120120 even commented what happened to me with 3 refusals as before this drive I rarely get them. I couldn't get my promotion to intermediate because of this power lag @Gaurav citing I still haven't learned the throttle control and momentum required. Anyways what else to say if your machine has a problem. The mechanic told me its a common problem for XTERRA's when the inlet manifold hose gets hard. Surprisingly Nissan doesn't have the spare due to shipment restrictions. The last resort is Sajaa' and I got it pried from another XTERRA for 100 AED. All the inlet manifold holes have been thoroughly cleaned under my eyes and yes there was sand bud not to the extent I found in another XTERRA which had the whole hose cracked. That car had the hose completely cracked whereas mine was only a hairline crack. 

• Like (+1) 2

I really appreciate @Shamil's advice on the check engine light. He correctly said the problem is the throttle control body and I should get it checked immediately. Experience counts of course. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use