•  
Advertise here

Y62 platinum 2019 off road kit ideas

Rawad

@RooRzOn, I'm still driving on 35 psi, actually the pressure is related to the weight of the car and the tire profile, I read somewhere that if the tire profile is low, you need more pressure to hold the same weight. So I'm sticking to the 35 psi (cold) as now I have higher profile tires.

After the drive, I inflate to 38 as the tires are hot. The car beeps one timre when it reaches 35 psi and then it beeps 2-3 times again when reaches 38.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

So latest surprise from Nissan dealer here in Dubai, that the warranty will be affected if I change to 18" rims. They said the gear and differentials will, and here I quote, "will have issues if I change wheels or rims sizes".

@Lawrence_Chehimidid you check that with them before going 17s?

• Like (+1) 1

Let them try that with me and will see the scene that I will make. They can void warranty when changing your tire size from 33" to 35" or 33" to 31". But when keeping your tires at 33" they have no right, this can be escalated to Nissan Middle East and with DED.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, shu yang said:

@RooRzOn@Lawrence_ChehimiMates, did you do alignment everytime after weekend drive?my mechanic buddys told me y62 need alignment after every heavy offroad drive. Also what heights you guys are running?

No I only did the alignment once and that after I changed my wheels and tires.

We are running stock suspension.

What symptoms you have? Why did you do an alignment?

Edited by Lawrence_Chehimi
  • Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, shu yang said:

@RooRzOn@Lawrence_ChehimiMates, did you do alignment everytime after weekend drive?my mechanic buddys told me y62 need alignment after every heavy offroad drive. Also what heights you guys are 

Yep, once for me since I joined the club and that was after a pop-out in my first newbie drive

I don't think your mechanic is being totally practical about it unless your upgraded suspension or lift require such maintenance. Am not sure. By all means, you would feel it when your Y62 needs some alignment no?

Edited by RooRzOn
  • Like (+1) 1

@RooRzOn @Lawrence_Chehimimy mechanic friend in China who work for Nissan Guangzhou factory technical department told me that, it is because of the independent suspension for y62, specially the rear one, maybe he said the heavy offroad means more aggressive all terrain drive than dessert drive like us, maybe you can just vist any alignment to check the numbers. I am riding on 2.5 king shock with 2inch lifted . Recently i did all modifications after join carnity, that's why found all issues comes out😭 but y62 still is the most comfortable and  capable offroader with any doubts. 

• Like (+1) 3

16 hours ago, shu yang said:

found all issues comes out

What kind of issues are you having now? Would be great if you list them here and also list the solution afterwards

Also what tyres/wheels are you running?

@RooRzOni am running 275/65/r18 at3 on 18✘9 offset +14 method rims. The main issue is the rear suspension, i suggest just go to check your alignment  after few drives, it may have minor changes not at perfect position, that you may not feel from steering wheel, but cause tire wear afterwards. One more suggest is if anyone plan to do lifting for y62, above 1inch you will need to get a extend length rear spring arms. Which i didn't find anyone do it in uae. So better to stay stock or 1inch maximum.

@shu yang most y62s in Australia gets a 2" lift kit, never heard of an extended rear arm being used. I know they replace the front lower and upper arms but nothing in the rear other than springs and shocks.