•  
Advertise here

Y62 platinum 2019 off road kit ideas

Rawad

@Lawrence_Chehimii also didn't find anyone mention about it on Internet before i do the lifting. But believe me the stock rear spring arm are short for 2inch lifting, the rear tire position will be like the photo attached. That's why most brand like king only provide 0-2inch lift shocks for y62. Finally I got customize arms from my Nissan friend from China then sort the alignment issue. 

Screenshot_20210604-185530_Gallery.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Hello

Here is the new rear hybrid bash plate that offers a much better departure angle (around 40 degrees now) and looses all the spoon-like areas around the diffuser

It also includes an inner cover to protect the lane departure sensors and the rear AC pipes

The stock exhaust end just looks ridiculous as you can see, but that can be solved with an axle-back chrome-finished muffler and tip. Will share it once installed as well... and yes it will give it a tiny roar on low revs😉😉

20210628_170213.jpg

20210628_170203.jpg

20210628_170227.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

If this pintle hook is sitting on locally fabricated cross member, make sure to use dampers or support rope on every recovery.

At least for first 10 hard tugs, to be 100% safe to find if this is fabricated and installed correctly.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

6 hours ago, Gaurav said:

If this pintle hook is sitting on locally fabricated cross member, make sure to use dampers or support rope on every recovery.

At least for first 10 hard tugs, to be 100% safe to find if this is fabricated and installed correctly.

The pintle hook is still installed to the cross member, that plate was just added in between.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

The pintle hook is still installed to the cross member, that plate was just added in between.

OK, Good, still I would test it few times.

My close friend recovered me once and his boat towing point flew past just 1 feet away from my car and landed 50 meter ahead of my car.

He gave the car for repaint and painter didn't installed the hook properly after dismantling and painting it, and I was counting my blessing to not to be in line of fire of that 5 kg heavy tow point.

• Like (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

12 minutes ago, Gaurav said:

didn't installed the hook properly after

You're appsolutly correct we need to test it well, and to be honest, its better to always take extra safety measures while recovering. I have asked them to be there when they connect the pintle hook just to make sure they tighten everything, but you never know

The stock recovery point was just hanging too low and it had to be removed. Nevertheless, new recovery points will be installed on the left and right

Edited by Rawad
  • Like (+1) 2