• Β 
Advertise here

Y62 platinum 2019 off road kit ideas

Rawad

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @Luc Khaldoun

Have a look at the mods here, and please share what you've doneΒ as well, specially your experience of changing the HBMC system toΒ kingsπŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰

Hello @Rawadand all other subscribers to this thread, thank you for making me aware of the discussion, it helps a great deal to understand what type of mods are to be considered for the Y62.Β 

Bearing in mind that I am just starting my mods, I went as far as I am concerned to the essential. Having said that, I hate the original bumpers with a passion, I can see that it can become a money pit. I have checked into the mods you have undertaken on your carΒ and as you indicated but the 2020 model is still under development.Β 

As for my car, I had installedΒ King Front andΒ back coilover shocks with adjuster, I changed the rear springs, a galvanized skid plate, aΒ ARB onboard twin compressor, 18x9 XD alloy wheels (I considered installing 17" but I would have had to modify the calipers), the tires are BF Goodrich all terrain 285 X 60 X R18. I also fittedΒ other mods but this is for my own comfort and has nothing to do with off road driving.Β 

So the big concern are these bumpers which I need to modify without waving the warranty. Any tip is welcome. See you all on the road.Β 

• Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, Humayun Ghias said:

What do you guys think about pedal commander? Is that something useful for the y62?Β 

I was using a pedal commander for my Pathfinder for considerable amount of time.

It does give you the kick in response of the throttle, and I could almost fully control the gears by manipulating the throttle pedal that I didn't have to use the shifter knob. And you can easily switch the throttle responses from aggressive weekend offroad to comfort SZR cruising.

TBH I like it, I only stopped using it as I might still have throttle control body issue and I don't want the petal commander to create more possible issues with the throttle.

Edited by Zixuan Huang - Charlie
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Zixuan Huang - Charlie said:

I was using a pedal commander for my Pathfinder for considerable amount of time.

It does give you the kick in response of the throttle, and I could almost fully control the gears by manipulating the throttle pedal that I didn't have to use the shifter knob. And you can easily switch the throttle responses from aggressive weekend offroad to comfort SZR cruising.

TBH I like it, I only stopped using it as I might still have throttle control body issue and I don't want the petal commander to create more possible issues with the throttle.

Thank youΒ @Zixuan Huang - Charliefor your insights!Β 

4 hours ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

@Humayun GhiasΒ it would interfere with the terrain selection modes you have. When you choose sand mode it is actually adjusting your pedal to sand driving.

I lose the ability to change terrain modes when I disable the ABS. Does that happen to you?

• 3 months later...
On 7/11/2021 at 10:56 AM, Luc Khaldoun said:

Hello @Rawadand all other subscribers to this thread, thank you for making me aware of the discussion, it helps a great deal to understand what type of mods are to be considered for the Y62.Β 

Bearing in mind that I am just starting my mods, I went as far as I am concerned to the essential. Having said that, I hate the original bumpers with a passion, I can see that it can become a money pit. I have checked into the mods you have undertaken on your carΒ and as you indicated but the 2020 model is still under development.Β 

As for my car, I had installedΒ King Front andΒ back coilover shocks with adjuster, I changed the rear springs, a galvanized skid plate, aΒ ARB onboard twin compressor, 18x9 XD alloy wheels (I considered installing 17" but I would have had to modify the calipers), the tires are BF Goodrich all terrain 285 X 60 X R18. I also fittedΒ other mods but this is for my own comfort and has nothing to do with off road driving.Β 

So the big concern are these bumpers which I need to modify without waving the warranty. Any tip is welcome. See you all on the road.Β 

Hey @Luc Khaldounlong time

Have you done an HMBC delete before installing kings? If yes, please sms me the garage who's done it. @Gauravcan help us exchange numbers