•  

ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra Dubai - 05 Mar 2021

Frederic

Good morning @danebowers

A warm welcome to our Offroad Club Community !

As part of your introduction, please reply with the following info:

1) Which 4x4 are you bringing ?

2) Any prior off-roading experience, if so when and what ?

3) Does your vehicle have front and rear Towpoints ? And are they in perfect condition ?

Please take your time to have a look at our Absolute Newbie briefing video:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

For your first drive with us, the only must-have items is a pressure gauge and tyre deflator so you can deflate your tyres upon arrival. If you have more items such as as radio, flag, shovel and others please do bring them along as well.

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

1 hour ago, Alfeathec said:

Hi Frederic,

I have a Jeep Wrangler and I have never done an off-road course. We have just bought the tyre deflator, flag and Walkie talkie so we are ready. I have just seen about single driver per user so I will sign my wife up too as she would like to drive too. 

Hi, thanks for your message. That is correct, she will need her own user profile. 

See you soon !

• Like (+1) 1

Good afternoon @amir amiri

A warm welcome to our Offroad Club Community !

As part of your introduction, please reply with the following info:

1) Which 4x4 are you bringing ?

2) Any prior off-roading experience, if so when and what ?

3) Does your vehicle have front and rear Towpoints ? And are they in perfect condition ?

Please take your time to have a look at our Absolute Newbie briefing video:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

For your first drive with us, the only must-have items is a pressure gauge and tyre deflator so you can deflate your tyres upon arrival. If you have more items such as as radio, flag, shovel and others please do bring them along as well.

• Like (+1) 1

RSVP LIST FOR TOMORROW

image.png.ff47d43de1357b50e537d9fbf8e53803.png

@Lakshmi Narasimhan @Vicente Angel Antelm Albel @danebowers @Alfeathec @Lorna Rowsell @Tanya @Miguel Codes @TT_Dubai @Muzurisani @amir amiri

Please find your convoy positions for the drive tomorrow listed above.

Please be on time (earlier is even better) so we have ample time to help you with tyre deflation. Seniors on the drive are @Tamas Hoffmann and @Foxtrot Oscar who will be helping you out whenever needed. Hopefully we get some refusals and stucks so we have opportunities to learn :) 

The plan is to drive about 3 hours and practice dune driving, throttle control, basic sidesloping, and just getting you comfortable for your first time on the sand.

We usually finish our drive at the Last Exit petrol station so we can inflate the tyres. Unfortunately the compressor from the petrol station have been out of service lately, so if you have a compressor to inflate your tyres after the drive please bring it along. Alternatively you can drive on the road to the next ENOC that's about 10mins drive away but you'd need to drive slowly and avoid sharp turns. (tyre pressure will be low).

Please abide by our COVID10 regulations that we specify in the drive topic. As soon as you are deflated please wait inside the car where we will do the briefing over the radio. Keep social distance at all times and wear a mask whenever you are out of the car.

See you tomorrow  at  06:30 !

Fred

PS if you have not seen the Absolute Newbie briefing video seen yet, please do it as it contains ALL essential info for your first offroad drive. You will find the video in the drive topic.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

DRIVE REPORT

This type of drive is the perfect introduction to get your feet wet (and sandy) :) and to get to know each other. We kept it easy and smooth and i was amazed by the skills portrayed by all of you. 

@Lakshmi Narasimhan you are finding your way in the Pajero and only had some minor refusals. Don't forget to assess your situation once you get stuck, and switch to 4Lo and apply very gentle gas to crawl out of the situation. Well done !

@danebowers you understand the dynamics of your car and it shows. Excellent driving style and smooth gliding throughout. Super !

@Alfeathec and @Lorna Rowsell both getting accustomed with this first adventure but both doing so amazing today !!

@Miguel Codes and @Tanya as a perfect duo with the beautiful red Wrangler. Tanya you have really impressed me with your driving style today !!

@TT_Dubai Tim you've done great today. The big heavy tyres will need some time to adjust to the sand, so deflation to 10psi will be essential together with good momentum. 

@Muzurisani and @amir amiri in the back, with the mighty big Dodge Rams, but hardly struggling anywhere, well done guys !!

A big thanks to @Tamas Hoffmann and Angela  @Foxtrot Oscarfor the support !!

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7:10 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. If you miss a spot, put your name on the waitlist asap. Generally, by Thursday with dropouts everyone does get a spot if they have waitlisted. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level. There is a separate tutorial inside which explains which radio we recommend and how to program them: (Please do not buy the Baofeng 888S spare radio we gave you, as these cannot be programmed without a special cable and software).

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

PICS CAN BE FOUND HERE:

AB Newbie - Qudra - Dubai - 05 Mar 2021 - Carnity.com

See you soon in the sand again !

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Frederic your feedbacks are spot on and invaluable. I remember every word of yours, I can feel that I am already started learning quickly about Pajero and started loving it. Probably couple of more drives I should learn more coupled with all your inputs. 

Thanks to all seniors who did a great supporting role making every one feel comfortable.

Thanks to entire convoy for sharing the great day and providing such opportunity to learn from every moment.

@Thomas Varghese you are very true, already off roading is making me crazy about it. I had just recovered today morning from covid vaccine side effects and was on my first drive. Could imagine how far it can go.

I believe now every one above 40 age can get vaccinated, kindly go for it asap as per your convenience.

Thanks,

Lakshmi narasimhan

Edited by Lakshmi Narasimhan
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use