•  

COVID19 Compliant - Evening Newbie Desert Drive - Margham - Dubai - 4 Mar 2021

Chaitanya D

Thank you @Chaitanya D for a wonderful pre weekend drive. I'm sorry I couldn't take much pictures as we were driving most of the time. The newbies who participated did very good and I wish them even better days in the future. I remember my newbie days always getting refusals which end up as stucks. Thanks to @Hisham Masaad doing a good job as center forward and @Anish S doing great as always as the sweep. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Trip Report:

Thank you everyone for signing on this drive - a trial one of sorts to see the participation for an early weekend drive but on Thursday. We did have good participation and some fun going into the weekend, to of course enjoy that weekend dinner after some nice workout on the sands

@Thomas Varghese played the role of 2nd lead well, did some minor routing. Needs some fine tuning to follow the instructions, but as you drive more with ease and concentration you will get better. You were the defacto leader as the 2nd lead and hence this is required. Thank you 

@Ranjan Pattanaik I hope you get the mandatory gear by the next drive, you have a great car to with which you can get better at driving on sands. See you soon

@Lawrence_Chehimi and @I.M.Shousha إسلام أبوشوشة surprised with some magnificent driving. Considering how well everyone and especially you both drove, I pushed the drive to fewbie level at times where both of you did very well. You have some great cars to enjoy and progress in your driving on sand

@Hisham Masaad played the role of CF to perfection, very calm nature which is very nice to have on any drive. Thank you

@Anish S along with his copilot @Veedooshee are always great to have on any drive. Thanks for sweeping the convoy to perfection and thank you for some great pictures

Hope we have more early weekend drives on Thursday evenings. If you have completed the required number of drives, have the experience and feel you are ready for the next level please apply for promotion to next level which will be reviewed by all leads and help you to get better.

See you all soon, Cheers!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 5

2 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Trip Report:

Thank you everyone for signing on this drive - a trial one of sorts to see the participation for an early weekend drive but on Thursday. We did have good participation and some fun going into the weekend, to of course enjoy that weekend dinner after some nice workout on the sands

@Thomas Varghese played the role of 2nd lead well, did some minor routing. Needs some fine tuning to follow the instructions, but as you drive more with ease and concentration you will get better. You were the defacto leader as the 2nd lead and hence this is required. Thank you 

@Ranjan Pattanaik I hope you get the mandatory gear by the next drive, you have a great car to with which you can get better at driving on sands. See you soon

@Lawrence_Chehimi and @I.M.Shousha إسلام أبوشوشة surprised with some magnificent driving. Considering how well everyone and especially you both drove, I pushed the drive to fewbie level at times where both of you did very well. You have some great cars to enjoy and progress in your driving on sand

@Hisham Masaad played the role of CF to perfection, very calm nature which is very nice to have on any drive. Thank you

@Anish S along with his copilot @Veedooshee are always great to have on any drive. Thanks for sweeping the convoy to perfection and thank you for some great pictures

Hope we have more early weekend drives on Thursday evenings. If you have completed the required number of drives, have the experience and feel you are ready for the next level please apply for promotion to next level which will be reviewed by all leads and help you to get better.

Thanks @Chaitanya D. Sometimes I get distracted as many things are not secured properly inside my car and they keep flying around. The biggest trouble was my amplifier which was coming on to the brake from under my seat and troubling. It got fixed securely yesterday night. Now in the process of sorting out tow hook issue. 

• Sad (0) 1

17 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Thanks @Chaitanya D. Sometimes I get distracted as many things are not secured properly inside my car and they keep flying around. The biggest trouble was my amplifier which was coming on to the brake from under my seat and troubling. It got fixed securely yesterday night. Now in the process of sorting out tow hook issue. 

This is one of the most basic requirements when off-roading. You really don't want to have things flying around in your vehicle which not only could cause distractions, but items flying around could hit you or your passenger in the head. Please take this hobby seriously and do not jeopardize your safety or other members safety.

• Totally Agree (+2) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

10 minutes ago, Frederic said:

This is one of the most basic requirements when off-roading. You really don't want to have things flying around in your vehicle which not only could cause distractions, but items flying around could hit you or your passenger in the head. Please take this hobby seriously and do not jeopardize your safety or other members safety.

I got the amplifier screwed down which was not as being a big amplifier if there are passengers sitting behind me then I have to push the amplifier to the front side to accommodate their legs. It was tight before and was not moving much but once after all the dune bashing and the battering it gets started to be loose and peep out from under the seat when we are going down the dune. All the rest is securely tied down. Made arrangements to detach the sub woofer and keep it home whenever I do off roading. 

• Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Chaitanya D said:

Trip Report:

Many thanks @Chaitanya D for the drive, it was good to have the last day of the week. 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use