•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 05 Mar 2021

Chaitanya D

Dear Friends

Please note convoy numbering for tomorrow

image.png.69984344164a98b62a365ed2714af3b4.png

We will use Chanel 2 for Radio (446.03125)

Myself and Anish will handle recoveries if any.

Bhaskaran PR, Nitin Mohan and Ammar Naji are the other senior members on this drive who will be called in if needed.

Remaining members are please requested to be inside their cars unless called for.

See you tomorrow

Cheers

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

3 hours ago, Kieran McKeown said:

Hi @Chaitanya D,

Unfortunately I have had to withdraw. Good luck to everyone tomorrow, and I hope to see you all soon!

Thanks for informing.  Take care 

• Like (+1) 1

Hello @Chaitanya and the rest of the team leads!  Thank you for a fantastic drive this morning.  It felt good to get stuck a few times and get some assistance in recovery.  All of you are class A in my book!  

• Thanks (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Trip Report:

I personally love the Lisaili terrain as it offers so much in terms of variation for a Newbie level drive, that you can continue playing as much as you want depending on how everyone responds to the challenges. We drove for quite some time and distance here on last friday for what turned out to be an entertaining drive for one and all ( At least I hope so!)

We had our quick COVID safe briefing on the radio , and we set off to drive along the pylon tracks heading to the baby dunes after the camel race tracks. We did drive here I for close to 2 hours in the technical areas with tight dunes, and it was quite amazing how everyone of you managed here. Of course one will have some refusals, stucks etc which were good learning points for all of us. Another important aspect was how important it is to follow the tracks in these areas to avoid the tiny deep pockets which can break your bumper if you miss the track of the car in front of you. 

After circling back in these dunes we headed along the open breathable dunes where we picked up pace and covered quick distance to reach the long dunes in Murquab as planned . Some refusals / stucks here and there managed quickly and we were towards our exit at Murquab on time. Enroute we did our fair bit of crossing dunes straight up and straight down, after which I hope all of you are quite confident to cross the dunes . We slowly raised the height , and the sharpness of the dunes to cross which meant there would be some crest stuck situations , which were recovered in quick time.

@luis mantecon was a perfect 2nd lead in his wrangler. Very clear on routing and asking if he was in doubt which is always a good attitude. Thank you !

@WaYan did well in her soft top SWB wrangler. Some minor refusals managed with self recovery and crests needing tug. We all have learnt it this way and it is no different for you. It was indeed great to see your enthusiasm.

@Roger K managed his beast very well - the V8 LR3. Some amazing self recoveries and having perfect approach on sideys was a treat to watch. Well done!

@Baskaran P.R managed his pajero well and played the role of CF to perfection. Keeping the flock together , relaying messages to Anish when there was some break in Radio. Thank you my friend.

@Nitin Mohan did well in his Prado as long as he drove with us.  Unfortunately had to exit due to a broken bumper due to a hit in a pocket. I hope it is nothing serious and hope to see you soon with us.

@Alistair Mattock was enjoying his FJC more than anyone else. Used the gizmos in his car to perfection when he was having a refusal. You have a great car which is a dream for many, and as you drive more it only gets better and more thrilling. Well done!

@Werno did well in his SWB wrangler, hardly heard on the radio which meant he drove without much issues even being at the back. 

@Ammar Naji did extremely well with his LWB Expedition in tighter dunes too. Being at the back is always a tricky situation , but for your experience and the number of drive you have done I specifically put you at the back and you really did very well. Bravo!

@Anish S swept us to perfection, being all over the place quickly whenever some one was stuck. Simply peace of mind for any lead when you sweep. Thanks to @Veedooshee for joining along and sharing some nice pictures.

Some stats from the drive as below 

Screenshot_20210305-102453_Gaia GPS.jpg

If you have completed the required number of drives , then please apply for your promotion online which will be reviewed by all leads and advised back to you as to where you need to improve if any.

See you all soon on one of the drives and enjoy your week!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use