•  
Advertise here

Abs and Traction control

Pacific

49 minutes ago, Frederic said:

@luis mantecon i noticed your query about the traction control. Seems the kill switch is the best option. (see above).

Thanks @Frederic. Reading another post, I see switching off the TRC I am also switching off the ERC and my JK doesn't have lateral airbags so my only doubt would be now the ABS. Is it important to switch off the ABS when driving in the desert? does it feel very different? if I can avoid it, I would prefer not to touch the electronic of the car.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, luis mantecon said:

Thanks @Frederic. Reading another post, I see switching off the TRC I am also switching off the ERC and my JK doesn't have lateral airbags so my only doubt would be now the ABS. Is it important to switch off the ABS when driving in the desert? does it feel very different? if I can avoid it, I would prefer not to touch the electronic of the car.  

The Traction Control and ABS work together as one to apply braking power to the wheels that are slipping. So yes these should be switched off in the sand.

With regards to Airbags, the frontal airbag is fine and does not need to be switched off as this one only works on frontal impact. Side airbags (curtain airbags) are triggered by a yaw sensor and this should definitely be disabled if you have them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

It's clear. My only doubt is if the ABS of my JK is disabled when switching off the TRC and ESC. If so, I don't need any switch kill as I can do everything just by pressing the TRC button for some seconds.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

21 minutes ago, luis mantecon said:

It's clear. My only doubt is if the ABS of my JK is disabled when switching off the TRC and ESC. If so, I don't need any switch kill as I can do everything just by pressing the TRC button for some seconds.

Yes i do think so. Anyways keep joining few drives and see if you notice any strange behavior of the car cutting the power or applying the ABS braking. If not, then i agree the TRC button is the best and least-intrusive option.

• Like (+1) 3

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

If I'm not mistaken the ABS system in Jeep has been abbreviated as EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution). Once you long press the Traction Control it gives you a message and 2 orange lights come on. This means you TC and ABS are both switched off, no need for a kill switch.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, Kailas said:

@Goutam,

You have to try in 4H. Once you disable traction control with single touch, then hold the traction control switch for 6-10 seconds. Now you should see "ESC off" in the information panel.

My dodge Ram is the same... 1 touch traction control is off, hold for longer ESC is off.

• Like (+1) 3

Thank you folks, overwhelmed by the inputs. I had tried all mentioned in manual, tbh I did after got lights on😜. Manual says if you go to 4L esc goes off. It got off on one push,  partial off and full off. Partial comes back on some extra speed, this was quite confusing,  so to kill the confusion I got too THE KILL SWITCH.  I got all for 260 bucks.  Did I paid more? 

@Frederic....hahaha like the word...Wranglerinos.

• Haha (+1) 1

If using traction control switch, yes but there is still a lot of annoying issues with your process. You must be stopped in order to proceed with holding the traction control button.
Also, each time you shut off and start your jeep again you need to remember to hold the button.

Check the image how traction control switch works, but with kill switch ...all is gone.

Screenshot_20210228-174107_Chrome.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

3 hours ago, luis mantecon said:

Really would like your feedback 

• Like (+1) 1

Apparently and for safety reasons there will some % of traction left behind no matter what you do in any vehicle not only jeep . Kill switch is inevitable to have complete peace of mind 

• Like (+1) 2