•  
Advertise here

Abs and Traction control

Pacific

Hi guys, recently joined Carnity and enjoyed every bit of it. Thanks to wonderful community.  I drive 2016 jeep wrangler,  I was told to remove the fuse for abs and traction control during drive. After drive I use to replace back, but the lights use to stay on dashboard and usually goes off by 30to45 min of drive. Every time it happened same, but last time the lights of abs and traction control are not going off. Is this be serious problem or do I need to perfom some steps to reset it ,also do I need to always remove fuse and drive ,is there any other way. As removing fuse all times seems very traditional for 2016 jeep. Thanks.

• Like (+1) 2

16 hours ago, Pacific said:

Hi guys, recently joined Carnity and enjoyed every bit of it. Thanks to wonderful community.  I drive 2016 jeep wrangler,  I was told to remove the fuse for abs and traction control during drive. After drive I use to replace back, but the lights use to stay on dashboard and usually goes off by 30to45 min of drive. Every time it happened same, but last time the lights of abs and traction control are not going off. Is this be serious problem or do I need to perfom some steps to reset it ,also do I need to always remove fuse and drive ,is there any other way. As removing fuse all times seems very traditional for 2016 jeep. Thanks.

@Ilya Golubinsky @Tariq Carrimjee @Jeandre Bezuidenhout @Kailas 

I just tagged few of your fellow Wranglerinos :) 

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

@Pacific,

I drive Wrangler JL, I disable ESC and ABS using traction control switch. First step I normally do is to turn of traction control with one touch, followed by holding the traction control switch for 6-10 seconds. This disables the ESC and ABS.

Now what I had noticed is that ABS is only disabled when the vehicle is not accelerated. If you try to hold the traction control switch for 6-10 seconds while accelerating, only ESC gets disabled. 

This works for me and I believe it should be the same for JK. Hope this helps.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

@Pacific
I do exactly like Kailas has described.  

On the dash you will see a indicator saying ESCOFF when you correctly do it.     I usually do it at the start of the drive in neutral and works quite well.   

• Like (+1) 1

Hi @Pacific , my friend who drives Jeep said he went to the dealer Western Motors and buy the "ABS Kill Switch" but installed it with his regular mechanic. You can also pay the dealer to install it, albeit I think this will be more expensive than an independent mechanic with skills in car electronics & circuits wizardry 🙂

• Like (+1) 1

Topicstarter has JK, so JL practice may not be relevant,  On my JLU I only use the button to disengage the ESC. Sometimes it turns on again (for example, after turning on the lowered one) and if I forget to turn it off, then at some point I can get stuck. But everything is fixed again by pressing a button

Edited by Ilya Golubinsky
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Kailas said:

If you try to hold the traction control switch for 6-10 seconds while accelerating, only ESC gets disabled. l

I had tried this but nothing seemed to happen. What indication if any should I expect to see for confirmation of ESC being disabled?

• Like (+1) 1

don't drive like its your last one.

@luis mantecon i noticed your query about the traction control. Seems the kill switch is the best option. (see above).

• Like (+1) 2

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

4 minutes ago, Goutam said:

I had tried this but nothing seemed to happen. What indication if any should I expect to see for confirmation of ESC being disabled?

@Goutam,

You have to try in 4H. Once you disable traction control with single touch, then hold the traction control switch for 6-10 seconds. Now you should see "ESC off" in the information panel.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1