•  
Advertise here

Abs and Traction control

Pacific

@Pacific, there are 3 different ways for disabling ESP.

1) Single press the ESP Off button (30% of ESP will be disabled) (ABS stays on)

2) Switch to 4H, then hold the ESP Off button for 7-10 seconds (70% of ESP will be disabled) (ABS stays on) (You will hear a chime and see “ESP Off” on your dash)

3) Pulling out the J6 Fuse (100% of ESP and ABS will be disabled) 

I own a JK and I use the fuse pulling method to disable ESP and ABS. And after placing back the fuse, all the light go off within 10 seconds of movement. Hence there hasn't been a need of a Kill Switch.

Quick Question: Do you Switch Off the car before removing and placing back the fuse? If not, that MAY just be the cause for your lights to stay on for long. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ said:

Quick Question: Do you Switch Off the car before removing and placing back the fuse? If not, that MAY just be the cause for your lights to stay on for long. 

I am afraid you have got the point Mohammad . When I installed the kill switch I was advised not only to switch off the car but even to remove the key from the ignition as well ( same I guess apply  for pulling the fuse ) 

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ said:

@Pacific, there are 3 different ways for disabling ESP.

1) Single press the ESP Off button (30% of ESP will be disabled) (ABS stays on)

2) Switch to 4H, then hold the ESP Off button for 7-10 seconds (70% of ESP will be disabled) (ABS stays on) (You will hear a chime and see “ESP Off” on your dash)

3) Pulling out the J6 Fuse (100% of ESP and ABS will be disabled) 

I own a JK and I use the fuse pulling method to disable ESP and ABS. And after placing back the fuse, all the light go off within 10 seconds of movement. Hence there hasn't been a need of a Kill Switch.

@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ I have always off engine  removal and replaced, but I think I had moved to 2H before replacing fuse. Mechanic said fuse was not properly placed, I dont know how asi have tried at least ten times.  Anyway I got kill switch now 😀.

But even before when I use to put fuse the light use to stay for 20to 30min drive then back to normal. 

• Like (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

I am afraid you have got the point Mohammad . When I installed the kill switch I was advised not only to switch off the car but even to remove the key from the ignition as well ( same I guess apply  for pulling the fuse ) 

On the switch with on engine ,off the switch with off engine. 

• Confused (0) 1

8 hours ago, Pacific said:

On the switch with on engine ,off the switch with off engine. 

The other way around my friend ☺️
Sequence :

While Car off switch on the kill switch/ or pull out the fuse  , put key in , switch on engine

switch off engine , key out , switch off the kill switch / or put back the fuse then key in and switch on again engine 

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2

• 1 month later...

I was shown today how easy is to remove the fuse, disabling ABS/ESP. After this, I don't really understand why the killer switch is even discussed (the official costs ~1500 AED). I am waiting to see (or not to see) the difference comparing with disabling it from the cabin by pushing ESP off button

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/29/2021 at 12:09 AM, Ilya Golubinsky said:

how easy is to remove the fuse

Here is the picture which saves 1500 aed (it is Sahara, looks like on Rubicon it might look different, but still the fuse is #50)

BTW I can't say that car's performance noticeably increased in sand comparing with disabling traction control by the standard button

IMG_2914.jpg