•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - E611 "Ghost Roads" - A Premiere - Dubai - 05 Mar 2021

Ale Vallecchi

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi as usual for the smooth lead, and great drive, it was an interesting one for sure with many scenic varieties. Thanks @Vanessa8580, @Rajeevan Vickneswaran for the support and keeping the convoy together, and for the informative conversation at the end 👍😀

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

What is name Ghost Road?

Hi @Ashok chaturvedi. It's an area off of E611, with a grid of tarmac roads and roundabouts almost all buried by the desert. Beyond these disappearing grid is a nice desert area (reaching toward E44) with great views of Downtown Dubai, the Burj Khalifa and the Burj al Arab. Very nice area. 

20210112_092642.jpg

20210305_095922.jpg

20210305_095405.jpg

• Like (+1) 3
  • WOW (+2) 2

This place looks like its near my office at business bay @Ale Vallecchi. Is it possible to venture out alone here and manage to get out. If yes I would be certainly there today. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thomas Varghese said:

This place looks like its near my office at business bay @Ale Vallecchi. Is it possible to venture out alone here and manage to get out. If yes I would be certainly there today. 

Hi Thomas. It's not that close to Business Bay. Its to the right of E611, in the direction of Sharjah, after E611 intersects E66. The grid is visited by many, for picnics and photographing. There you will not get lost. Going beyond it, toward E44 is tricky, you need to know your way, and things can happen like in any other desert. So no going there alone is suggested, as at Carnity we never suggest to venture in the desert alone, ever. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hi Thomas. It's not that close to Business Bay. Its to the right of E611, in the direction of Sharjah, after E611 intersects E66. The grid is visited by many, for picnics and photographing. There you will not get lost. Going beyond it, toward E44 is tricky, you need to know your way, and things can happen like in any other desert. So no going there alone is suggested, as at Carnity we never suggest to venture in the desert alone, ever. 

I have seen a trail going past the RAK The Ritz Carlton Wadi resort and always wanted to explore there. Any marshal's in @Carnity have plans to organize a drive in that area? I suppose it should be a full day drive considering the distance. I probably went a km into that trail in 2020 June and backtracked as the road was going on an on into no idea where and was afraid I might get lost as I have no navigational skills. 

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use