•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Fossil Rock - Sharjah - 5 Mar 2021

Rahimdad

Thanks a lot @Rahimdad for a wonderful, scenic & educational drive made super fun with your humorous easy flowing style! Thanks too, to @Shamil @Abu Muhammad for their great support & encouragement. Great to drive with everyone else & looking forward to the next time!

• Like (+1) 3

@Rahimdad @Abu Muhammad @Shamilthank you wonder ful adrenaline purging drive, taking from basic turns n small dunes to big one ,lastly to mighty Faya. It was very nice time,  hope to you next week.

• Like (+1) 3

Thank you all for the wonderful trip, I'm enjoying the drives one after the other. @Rahimdad you made it super fun and exciting thank you again, btw @Gaurav calls it my white horse as well😂. Just to let you know, We will soon have another very excited driver joining carnity Family, that is my wife!! I Still need to digest the idea of being on the passenger side rather than behind the wheels 😢.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

We will soon have another very excited driver joining carnity Family, that is my wife!! I Still need to digest the idea of being on the passenger side rather than behind the wheels 😢.

Trust me its better to let her drive so she joins too, otherwise wifey drive joining quota last 2-3 drives as a passenger.

I learned offroading for my wife and then after 3 drives she got bored and I got the sand bug for life.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

It looks I got this sand bug long time back ( Dady work trips in empty quarter ) and Carnity just triggered the hibernating bear inside of me , I guess my little Abdallah is just on the same path like grandpa and papa 😅

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

On 3/5/2021 at 8:00 PM, Rahimdad said:

Trip Report

@Ranjan Pattanaik really sorry to learn about your emergency, that left us with lucky 13 on a Friday morning. Woke up to a very pleasant morning as I drove to the deflation point to find everybody maintaining Social Distancing. As we deflated and got our flags up high it was time for a briefing. With a quick briefing and getting everyone in their convoy position we were off. As promised we started easy and kept leveling up as we drove through. I must say that the support and the convoy on the day allowed me to drive at the highest at the Newbie level.

As we made our way through some nice smooth untouched dunes, we were also faced with some bushy nasty ones. We did get some play time and everybody impressed me with how well they understand their vehicles. I must thank the Marshals they have been with to handle their vehicles so well. We even managed to have some play time in our favourite area and left it in time for those behind us to enjoy.

As we crossed over to the other side we gave it our all to climb the Fossil Rock. To my surprise finally after 4 months we found a path covered with sand going straight down. Being a Newbie drive it was a new experience for most convoy members. They all managed it well with a little help from @Shamil guiding everyone from above. If the convoy felt this was exciting they had no idea what was in store for them. We kept marching on towards Faya with just 1 stuck and very few refusals. Before we knew it we had all 13 cars on top of Faya. What an amazing sight it was. At this point we headed down to try and reach up from the front face. Although it was fun learning exercise, but with heat increasing and Friday prayer time close we decided to head out, inflate and head home.

@Serafino was an excellent second lead and I was just so relaxed having him right behind me. Ready to take a diversion or stop as required. @Jasim Khumi back after some time has not lost the touch. His Pajero almost as small as his own frame seems like they're made for each other.@soumyasaklani is not one to give up. Just loved to see him take some caution and in the process getting some refusals. But taking it in his stride as lessons and kept on moving. @prajupramod seemed to be one with his Land Cruiser, although big and heavy but always on the move. Always looking to conquer one dune after the next and marching on without any major issues.

@Osama Al Hamwi was a pleasure to have once again. His smile was so bright his Land Cruiser seemed to not disappoint him so he would not loose his amazing smile. Me teasing him being Humvee driving an LC200 was a bit late to realise, but nevertheless hilarious once understood. @Shamil was my Centre Forwardfor the day, which gave me lot of confidence. In turn I ended up taking advantage of him and he obliged helping endlessly to keep the convoy moving. @Lawrence_Chehimi was in his Y62, I now declare him to be the Lawrence of Arabia. He was impressive handling his Y62, if after @Lorenzo Candelpergher I would say Lawrence was amazing.

@Nafiz with his LX470 was another survivor as he never gave up. Faced with refusals but never saw hi. Give up. After watching him the saying comes to mind "Try and try until you succeed". @Daniel Rodas was the bad boy. He and his Rebel did not have the word impossible in their dictionary. He kept rebelling dune after dune to see him Rock the amazing machine everywhere.@Ben84 quietly but surely kept rolling with the convoy in his Wrangler limousine. He was a treat to watch whenever I had the opportunity. Rubicon was his second name for the day and he really used it as well as I've ever seen anyone do it.

@Pacific aka Falcon was a high flyer and boy did he clock on some miles on our journey today. He was full of enthusiasm which was contagious enough to keep the convoy wagging. @Abu Muhammad was my eyes and ears at the back end. His sweep duties have once again saved the day. It is such a pleasure to see someone from a higher level come and support a Newbie drive.

Hope you all have the best of what is left of your weekend and a promise to see you all again soon.

Thanks @Rahimdad for this lovely ride and your great efforts.

• Like (+1) 1

I would like to thank all of you for the amazing trip , it was pleasure to meet a new colleagues (NewBie Drivers) and the most important to re-drive with our fantastic Marshal @Mr. Rahimdad , In fact I met an old friend also @ Mr. Shamil who I had a special work-relationship with him since long time  . In general , everything was perfect and we are exciting to join the coming trip by next Friday .

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use