•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Plus Desert Drive - Faqa - 5 Mar 2021

Wrangeld

This drive is organized in full compliance with the COVID19 guidelines. We expect every member that joins this drive to go through below information and strictly follow these guidelines in order not to jeopardize someone's health, and to ensure we can keep organizing these drives safely.

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: COVID19 Precautions

MUST READ AND TOTALLY AGREE: BAN POST

Two Way Radio Guidelines

• Every Off-roader brings his own radio, programmed to the frequencies described in below advice topic.
  • We will not share spare radios or program your radio on the drive. If you need assistance in programming the radio, post a topic on the Carnity website with your questions and we will help you out. 
  • Make sure your radio is fully charged. It will be your only way of communication while driving.
  • Before buying, please carefully read below advice so you are informed properly on which model / cost / shops...
  • No radio = No drive. It is an essential tool and you should make sure you bring it on every drive and learn/practice how to use it.

Drive Details

Level: Fewbie Plus (you can only join if you have completed 5 or more Fewbie drives)

When:  5th March 2021, Friday am 

Meeting time: 6.30 AM (SHARP - Without any exceptions)

Meeting Point:  https://goo.gl/maps/jtZXG4XXN56exRBU6

Type of Car: Any proper 4x4 with front and back tow hooks and 8-10 inches of ground clearance.

What to bring along: Loads of water, snacks (for yourself), smiles, face mask, rubber gloves, enthusiasm and willingness to learn.

Approximate finish time: 10:30 PM

THIS IS A COMPRESSOR ONLY DRIVE. PLEASE DO NOT SIGN UP FOR THIS DRIVE UNLESS YOU HAVE A COMPRESSOR. ANYONE ARRIVING AT THE DRIVE WITHOUT A COMPRESSOR, FLAG, PROPER SHOVEL AND DEFLATION KIT WILL NOT BE ALLOWED TO JOIN THE DRIVE. ALL TOW POINTS WILL BE CHECKED BEFORE DEPARTURE. 

LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE:

• Limited to 10 cars only. RSVP will close on Thursday - 9 AM.
    • 1 Lead + 1 Marshal + 1-2 Senior Members + 10 Members.
    • If the RSVP is full and you wish to join, please mention your name on the drive thread to add on the waiting list. 
  • Latecomers will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Members without RSVP will be returned back - without ANY EXCEPTIONS.
  • Please withdraw your RSVP, if you aren't joining, so your spot can be taken by others.
  • Repeated no-show members after RSVP will have their account suspended for a month.

Please RSVP on below Calendar 

• Like (+1) 3

Congratulations. You're in. Confirmed for the drive. If anyone pulls out, @Thomas Varghese waits in the wings for your spot on the drive. Get yourselves prepared for a fast paced, relatively high octane ridge riding, criss crossing extravaganza.

Faya has lovely technical dunes, some fantastic long range ridges to ride and some of the highest dunes in the region. 

The rest, as they say, is up to you. 

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Just now, Wrangeld said:

Congratulations. You're in. Confirmed for the drive. If anyone pulls out, @Thomas Varghese waits in the wings for your spot on the drive. Get yourselves prepared for a fast paced, relatively high octane ridge riding, criss crossing extravaganza.

Faya has lovely technical dunes, some fantastic long range ridges to ride and some of the highest dunes in the region. 

The rest, as they say, is up to you. 

See you soon in the sand. 

I was waiting from morning to RSVP for the drive. Unfortunately when I clicked going the web page said paid subscriber's area and not authorized. By the time time I somehow managed to return back to the page the RSVP was full. Anyways I'm waiting in the wings for anybody to drop out as your drives are always exciting @Wrangeld but wish everybody to remain. I can take a place in a newbie or fewbie drive even now. 

• Like (+1) 3

@Wrangeld as I have joined @Tbone's afternoon drive you can waitlist me as my 2nd drive. 

• Like (+1) 3

22 minutes ago, Junaid120120 said:

@Wrangeld if you allow me, I would love to be the SL please.

Thank you for your enthusiasm Junaid. 

Convoy positions and numbers have a number of variables so we cannot confirm any positions until the final convoy is sorted and we have given thought to the likely routing.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Brave and Galliant Faqa Fleet, 

Here is the proposed convoy for Friday

Morning Fewbie Plus Faqa 5th March 2021  
Attendees Level Car Radio Pos #  
Wrangeld Marshal Mitsubishi Pajero SWB Y 1 Lead
Shehab al Awadhi @Shehab Alawadhi Fewbie Ford F150 Y 2 2nd lead
Danish Mohammed @Danish Mohammad Fewbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Y 3  
Varun Mehndi Ratta @varunmehndiratta Fewbie Jeep Wrangler JL Y 4  
Junaid 120120 @Junaid120120 Fewbie Toyota FJ Cruiser Y 5  
Jeandre Bezuidendhout @Jeandre Bezuidenhout Intermediate Jeep Wrangler SWB Y 6 CF
Arman @Arman Fewbie Jeep Wrangler SWB TJ Y 7  
Niki Patel @Niki Patel Fewbie Toyota FJ Cruiser Y 8  
N@ved @N@ved Fewbie Jeep Wrangler SWB Y 9  
Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader Fewbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Y 10  
Nizam Deen @Nizam Deen Intermediate Jeep Wrangler SWB Y 11  
Kalahari @Kalahari Advance Nissan Xterra Y 12 SW

@Junaid120120 I truly apprecaite the enthusiasm for taking 2nd lead. On this occasion, the convoy and terrain did not make that make sense. I hope it does not change your enjoyment of the drive. 

See you all at 6.30 at the start point. 

@Thomas Varghese - seems you found another drive, so hope it's OK we did not add you here. 

• Like (+1) 5

Important Information

Terms of use