•  

COVID19 Compliant - Tuesday Evening Fewbie Short Desert Drive - Murquab - Dubai - 2 March 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

Good evening fellow adventurers.

Tomorrow's late afternoon drive shall see us dander around the mixture of dunes Murquab has to offer. There are technical patches, long range dunes and some climbs to test all our off road skills. We could head to Solar Park, or perhaps we'll head to Lisalli, maybe we'll just do a loop.  As always, anything we do will be dependent on the convoy's wants and needs and tomorrow's convoy is a variety pack with varying degrees of experience. Whatever challenges we attempt, it'll be one that suits all and has everyone smiling :) 

We will be using Radio Channel 2 (two)

My proposed convoy list is as follows:

Driver

Car

Level

Position

Angela @Foxtrot Oscar

Black X

Expert

Lead

@Veedooshee

Pajero

IM

2nd Lead

@Antonio Jimenez Williams

Prado

Fewbie

3rd

@Mus_hus78

Pajero

Fewbie

4th

@Rob Harper

Tundra Pro

Fewbie

5th

@Islam Soliman

Yukon

IM

CF

@Thomas Varghese

White X

Fewvie

7th

@Hisham Masaad

FJC

IM

8th

@Gaurav Soni

Pajero

IM

9th

@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ

Yellow Wrangler

IM

10th

@Mohamed Seidam

White X

IM

sweep

Edited by Foxtrot Oscar
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

26 minutes ago, GauravSoni said:

Hi @Foxtrot Oscar I have some issue with my radio. Would you excuse me and provide with a spare one for the drive? Else I will have to get a new one now but would be delayed by 10 mins.... 

Yes I have a spare 

14 minutes ago, Mus_hus78 said:

@Foxtrot Oscar sorry my car is showing some issue I was on my way from al Ain but have to go back. Sorry 😢 hope to join when my car back on track .

Sorry to hear that 

• Like (+1) 2

Drive report 

It’s always a pleasure and tonight was no different .

We started off on the familiar sands of Murquab gently making our way through the dunes ever mindful that @antonio was experiencing his first fewbie drive .

As we tackled some low and gentle ridges it was apparent that both @Antonio Jimenez Williamsand @Rob Harpercould handle getting on top , keeping control of their  steering and maintaining just the right amount of momentum to stay on the ridge. Well done guys! 

We were soon faced with the high and long dunes that provide excellent opportunities for side sloping . @Antonio Jimenez Williams had a refusal and we decided he should deflate his tyres to see if it helped. It did and Antonio was back in the game.

After about 1 hour or so of exploring Murquab we crossed the Sabka and took the familiar track to Solar park. After a short while  we headed into the dunes to the right of the track , here we were presented with a different challenge , small dunes but not too tight . However, they still required a degree of finesse to navigate them.

Satisfied that all in the convoy were handling the drive I asked if they were suitably challenged and the response was that we could up the pace slightly although , I was very mindful that this was a fewbie drive and Antonio was being suitably challenged . I decided to keep the pace as was and hunted for more challenging dunes .

We found more beautiful long dunes, some with steep climbs and soft sands which met with a couple of refusals but nothing major.

As we reached the more advanced slopes with their mighty slip faces we darted up, slipped down and crossed atop them with the entire convoy coping well.

@Antonio Jimenez Williams , you did very well today , I know you felt the step up from newbie, but you handled it all well . Just be mindful to steer down and never ever fight gravity unless you want your car to end up on its roof.

@Rob Harper , you didn’t put a wheel wrong all night. You took everything in your stride and handled your car very well.

@Gaurav Soni @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ , @Thomas Varghese and @Hisham Masaad you all had impeccable drives. Thank you , it’s always a pleasure to lead you guys . 

Very special thanks to @Veedooshee for doing a perfect job as second lead. 

Further thanks to my henchmen @Mohamed Seidam and @Islam Soliman who kept a watchful eye on the entire convoy and were always on hand to give advice and help out. Your assistance on my drives is always greatly appreciated and very much needed . Thank you gentlemen 

Once again, thank you to the entire convoy for indulging my adventurous ways and following my lead.

Until our next adventure !  :) 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use