•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Newbie Desert Drive - Al Khatim - Abu Dhabi - 05 Mar 2021

Asif Hussain

51 minutes ago, Omar Mousa said:

Hi dears. Actually this is my first time with Carniy and don't have the radio device. Any clues where I can get it from? 

@Omar Mousa I got it from Dragonmart - online. Check below

Crony Mt-777 Uhf Long Range Two-Way Radio (dragonmart.ae)

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/2/2021 at 2:41 PM, Asif Hussain said:

@Farouq Owdeh @Marius Veldhuyzen van Zanten @tomswin paul @Jurgen Preez 

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club.

Kindly reply with a small introduction:

• Which 4x4 are you driving/bringing to drive ?
  • Any prior offroading experience ? If so please specify.
  • Does your vehicle have front and back tow points and are they in perfect condition ?

As a perfect preparation for your first drive with us, please go through the Absolute Newbie Briefing video posted below which really helps in getting you to understand the first basic essentials, so please watch it with full attention:

MUST WATCH: NEWBIE VIDEO BRIEFING

For your first drive, please bring a tire pressure gauge and a deflator so you can deflate your tires. These are readily available in hardware shops.

If you do have offroad gear such as a flag, shovel, recovery rope or others, please bring it along as well.

If you have a UHF Radio you can bring it along, and program it to the Carnity Frequencies as per the below post. If you don't have radio we will provide spare radio to use. From the second drive onward you need to get your own radio.

Hi,

I'm driving a Toyota Fortuner. Front and rear hooks are in order. I have done some off-road driving and I am equipped with the necessary tools as requested.

Looking forward to learn for the best.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Omar Mousa said:

Thank you guys. Actually I've just checked and cannot get the radio delivered by tomorrow. Any clues?

For the first drive (ONLY) you can use the spare radio that Marshal may have, from second drive onwards you need to bring your own radio, shovel and safety flag - Mandatory for all.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 3/2/2021 at 2:41 PM, Asif Hussain said:

@Farouq Owdeh @Marius Veldhuyzen van Zanten @tomswin paul @Jurgen Preez 

Welcome to Carnity Offroad Club.

Kindly reply with a small introduction:

• Which 4x4 are you driving/bringing to drive ?
  • Any prior offroading experience ? If so please specify.
  • Does your vehicle have front and back tow points and are they in perfect condition ?

As a perfect preparation for your first drive with us, please go through the Absolute Newbie Briefing video posted below which r

Hi Asif

I will be driving with a 2016 Ford Explorer XLT 4WD (stock). I have limited previous experience and this would be my first drive with a club. I have recovery points in the front and back. 

Marius

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/3/2021 at 12:47 AM, tomswin paul said:

Hi Asif & team, Thank you for accepting my request. 

I will be driving a 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.6 engine with no modification.

I have been on sand 4 time before but this will be my 1st experience with professionals. 

Front and back tow points are absolutely okay and I have a 15ft - 10k pound tow rope, deflator / inflator and radio. 

Looking forward to meet everyone and gain more knowledge about off roading. 

HI all, as everyone in this forum knows that I had an unfortunate event of overlooking a tiny down slope and hit the nose of my Jeep ending up with a damaged radiator, leaked coolant and slightly damaged A/c condenser. I have managed to fix all this today, Ac is working perfect as of now so haven't touched it. I would like to thank @Asif Hussain for your wonderful support and guidance at all times. @Hasan Wahlan for your support to workshop and beyond , @Farouq Owdeh for assisting me at incident spot.

Moreover learning for me from this incident was maybe wearing a sunglass would have given me a better vision of the surface, carrying extra water not only for drinking but also for radiator, removing the front bumper fascia and protecting with a skid plate instead for Jeep grand cherokee . 

IMG_20210305_173642~2.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

@Farouq Owdeh So I towed my vehicle to Skilltech garage as per @Hasan Wahlan advise and next day i understood  from Trading Enterprise and Western motors (both Agency service) that original radiator is out of stock as the entire consignment received in UAE is damaged. So I approached the local market (Al Shatri trading) and purchased a Turkey made radiator for Aed 420 (price for original radiator is approx Aed 2100) and original coolant from agency for Aed 120. 

• Like (+1) 1

Thank you everyone for joining the drive. We all reached on time and it was a super hot day and reminded me that summer is coming. Everyone reached on time and after deflation and quick briefing through radio we started to explore Al Khatim dunes which offers small to medium size dunes which is a perfect ground for learning basics for new members. With few refusals and stuck everyone managed well and followed the instructions promptly. Unfortunately @tomswin paul had a incident in the middle of the drive with broken a radiator by hitting a small bump and we had to exit him to road and we continued our drive and exited on time. @Willie @tomswin paul @Farouq Owdeh @Marius Veldhuyzen van Zanten @Jurgen Preez @Omar Mousa @Karthikeyan Govindarajan @Jaap @Hasan Wahlan see all soon.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use