•  
Advertise here

Pajero 3.8 SWB buying advice in UAE

@Srikumar @Gaurav I found two cars I'm interested in. Going to view tomorrow.

The one is on 30k km but was serviced annually and not every 6months since 2017. Therefore the extended warranty was forfeited according to Mitsubishi. What are your opinions? Is it worth having it inspected?

The other one is pushing my budget a bit. It's less than 10k km but hasn't been serviced since March 2020. Mitsubishi says the warranty is still good but I'm sceptical.

• Like (+1) 1

Has the 30k km been serviced in intervals as per the km reading? Oil change as per the manufacturer under normal driving condition should be done at every 10k km Since the mileage is very low I would give this car a chance if it fits your budget.

Pajeros are built tough and run quite a bit. I owned a 2010 Pajeros 3.8 LWB and ran 400k km when I finally sold it. Ran very smooth till I finally sold it and was extremely reliable, esp. considering the fact that in between the 200-300k km the oil change was not done properly on schedule (as the car was temporarily given to a family member who ran the oil dry!!). 

• Like (+1) 2

@Srikumar I checked the vin number with Mitsubishi. It was serviced on 1k, 10k, 20k, and major service on 26k. Evidently also March 2020. 

I bet the owners of both vehicles were either stuck outside the country when corona hit in March or couldn't service since then due to other corona related reasons.

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

So that car was a bust. Lots of little cosmetic issues and took very long to engage the 4x4 gears and diff-lock compared to other vehicles I tested. So I left it. Viewed and tested a few cars. One thing is clear. "Perfect inside and out" is almost never perfect inside and out and not one of the vehicles with "full service history" actually had a complete service record, except the one I bought. 

I got my Batmobile. 😅 2015 model with 30000 km. Full service record on schedule. Pretty much perfect inside and out. Very happy and thankful for everyone's advice here. It really helped.

PXL_20210324_104809035~2.jpg

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

That's a sweet deal for 30k kms in 6 years.

Just hope there is no long gap of a year or two or three parked inside, as that's not good for any car. If 30k reasonably spread across 6 years then its perfect.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 3/25/2021 at 2:54 PM, Gaurav said:

That's a sweet deal for 30k kms in 6 years.

Just hope there is no long gap of a year or two or three parked inside, as that's not good for any car. If 30k reasonably spread across 6 years then its perfect.

Totally agree with Gaurav. I would be wary of a car that has only done 5k a year (on average), here where 30k a year is normal, I'd be happy with a 6 year old car that had done 120km. Just sayin'... I hope the owner gave it a bloody good run now and then.

• Like (+1) 1