•  

COVID19 compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Desert drive - Solar Park - Dubai - 05 Mar 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

3 hours ago, Junaid120120 said:

Hi angela, can i be second lead please ?

That was the plan 

8 minutes ago, Hardik Mody said:

Sorry for the 11th hour notice Angela @Foxtrot Oscar ,

Due to some medical emergency in family I won't be able to join you for this drive.

I’m sorry to hear that , I hope everything is okay 

• Like (+1) 2

@Foxtrot Oscar awesome drive today had it all, more tyres popping than a popcorn fest and a dust storm for good measure. Patience of a Saint and some great learning, coaching, and demonstrations. 

Thoroughly enjoyed it thanks very much.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Drive Report

Well that was eventful haha

We started off plotting our way through a small technical patch before as we did so @bassel el rafei had a pop out. It was quite a tricky fix as the tyre had receded quite a bit, but we got there, with the help of a tyre tool.

As we made our way to the long range dunes we had  the opportunity to have a quick tutorial on the nuances of ridge riding on the small and low dunes. @Hossam Anwar crested on top but with some shoveling he was free. @Hossam Anwar you had a good drive, but we’ll need to work on our communication skills. ;)

As the dunes became higher and longer the convoy coped well and everyone was displaying good driving skills. @Dodi Syahdar was next to crest, @Joe Biju Joseph wanted to try out his winch but it proved unsuccessful so we got the ropes out. A quick tug and @Dodi Syahdar was free but I think he wanted to show the power of his raptor and tried to pull me the other side of the dune 🤥 That aside, you drove well @Dodi Syahdar and handled all the challenges. We crest when we lose momentum. You’ll remember for the next time. Thanks too for your enthusiasm and being a great help with the pop outs.

We continued on our way playing in the dunes, side sloping, ridge riding and climbing. Then @Hossam Anwar decided it was his turn to pop out. This was an easy fix and we were soon on our way again. @Joe Biju Joseph had some over heating issues so we stopped for a while to allow his car the chance to cool down. When we moved on We tackled some high dunes and came down some slip faces with everyone controlling their steering and going well.

Just as we were getting into it we were met with the mother of all sandstorms. It was quite the sight but it put paid to any hope of picking up the pace as the dunes became impossible to read. We stood still for about 5 mins and then moved slowly and cautiously through the dunes. With the winds dropping we could drive with a little more conviction, we could side slope and got on top of some ridges.  When @Junaid120120 lost momentum and found himself crested atop a dune, after attempting a self recovery it was clear that the rope would be needed.

As we made our way back I decided to play on more dunes, a moment of indecision cost me, and I too found myself stuck. This time it was @Junaid120120 turn to help me out.

Thank you @Junaid120120 for being my second lead, we need better communication though but a good drive. Also thanks @Joe Biju Joseph for stepping in as my sweep, you too had a very good drive.

@Matt.T I think you only had one refusal the whole drive and managed to sort it out yourself , well done. @Ahmad Shaker, you handled everything on the drive really well. Likewise @bassel el rafei and @Trekado you also had good drives.

Thank you all for being part of the convoy and stepping up to the new challenges.

Until our next adventure. 😊

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use