•  
Advertise here

fuel pump replacement

emadal

hi guys

It might come to everyone as a surprise but my 10 year old Camaro V6 needs the fuel pump replaced and I gathered to guts to do it myself. I am not a mechanic but I have done many changes and fixes to my car myself and saved myself the hassle of letting the mechanics handle it. Seemed to me that every time I did fixed my car myself it always worked out whereas when the professionals are involved ... one thing after the other got screwed up.

Anyways - going back to the topic, I have gotten around to accessing my fuel pump through the trunk. Its called the trap door method and the process is fairly simple. I disconnected the battery wires and have an independent fuel pump ready to be taken out but can't get through to doing it ... can anyone help with a personal experience.

take care.

I had this done in front of me once - the guy turned it counter clockwise with the help of a hammer and a rod. You can use anything similar but you have to make sure you are going to do it in the same direction ie, counter clockwise. That should make it budge. Good luck