•  

Common steering faults and wheels alignment

M.Seidam

Hello Desert Wanderers @Carnity

I came across to an important topic which I believe clear knowledge about it is of paramount essential for all of us be it off-road or on road . Please see below 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 3

Actually i run 25k on my A/T Yokohama Geo and I noticed a vibration at certain speed maximally centred at 100km/hr on speedometer . However no deviation of the vehicle on its own . So I got the tires balanced today and swapping the front for rare. No vibration any more smooth as if brand new ! I will do at least another 15k on them now hopefully. Meanwhile I will check for new tires in advance as they are out of stocks this brand currently 

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 2

• 2 years later...

Updating this topic with some recent experience, the Jeep Wrangler @Benjamin drives in addition blowing it seals had started to develop a steering wheel vibration and wobble in the last few weeks, specifically from around 80-100 Kmh. 

my wallet was getting worried but thankfully a check on the tire balancing lead to two of them needing to be rebalanced.

And once it was hooked up to the alignment machine there was an obvious toe out angle on the front. 

a relatively quick adjustment and it was back on the road driving smooth and no vibrations at all.

so if you start noticing a wobble / vibration in the steering get the tyre balance and alignment checked first.

• Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use