•  
Advertise here

f-150 steering repair from other workshop

@Gaurav @Frederic @Rahimdad @Wrangeld @Asif Hussain @Thomas Varghese

Please advise should I take out my car from ALTayyar offical service centre to some other workshop (recomand any) as Altayyar needs two more weeks for parts supply

presently some steering hydraulic pipe is leaking of my F150

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, syed salman raza said:

Please advise should I take out my car from ALTayyar offical service centre to some other workshop (recomand any) as Altayyar needs two more weeks for parts supply

Good decision. Call me 0552690503

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, syed salman raza said:

If it's under warranty it's not something I would advise. 

This is the problem with these vehicles that the party's take time off you want genuine. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

I agree with @Wrangeld. If car is under warranty, it does not make sence to take the F150 elsewhere. @Thomas Varghese case was different, he has clocked 400k kms on his vehicle which was not in warranty.

• Like (+1) 2

@Rahimdad I spoke with @syed salman raza. The Al Tayer people couldn't even identify the source of the steering fluid leak till now as per Mr. Syed Salman Raza. They are following a protocol which their company has. If there is a leak appearing in this area change everything related to that and till now they don't have the spares. So what is the point in idling the car in their workshop for more than 2 weeks now.? Better to take it out and give it to someone who can repair it. Anyways whatever he changes is going to be sacrificed in the sands very soon after all the battering the machine takes. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 2

With all due respect @Thomas Varghese, if my car was under warranty and going through a warranty job I would not take it out even if it takes 2 months. If the vehicle is in warranty and you get the job done outside you'll loose money, your warranty, your resale value, along with any peace of mind. If the vehicle is not under warranty and this is a repair job which you're going to pay for, Al Taylor will charge you for diagnosis and you'll have to pay again outside to get the vehicle repaired. It might still be cheaper, but agency gives 6 months warranty on their jobs. Make sure the outside garage is reliable to carry out the job on a F150 and give you some sort of a warranty on their job.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Just now, Rahimdad said:

With all due respect @Thomas Varghese, if my car was under warranty and going through a warranty job I would not take it out even if it takes 2 months. If the vehicle is in warranty and you get the job done outside you'll loose money, your warranty, your resale value, along with any peace of mind. If the vehicle is not under warranty and this is a repair job which you're going to pay for, Al Taylor will charge you for diagnosis and you'll have to pay again outside to get the vehicle repaired. It might still be cheaper, but agency gives 6 months warranty on their jobs. Make sure the outside garage is reliable to carry out the job on a F150 and give you some sort of a warranty on their job.

I believe the F - 150 is not under warranty. Only @syed salman raza can answer this. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

How can Al Tayer Motor's hold a desertnaut's wish to cruise in the desert to ransom like this? Can you imagine how much @syed salman raza must have felt lost not wandering in the desert for all this time? If I was in his place I would have just walked upto the garage, grabbed the car and drove out. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Confused (0) 2

@Rahimdad u didn't see @syed salman raza's enquiry about a SWB offroader in our website? He is even ready to buy another 4 X 4 so that he can explore the desert with all of us. Must be feeling so bored spending Friday's at home. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1