•  

ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra Dubai - 12 Mar 2021

Vanessa8580

Hi there, 

My name is Sarah, I've been driving offroad for 8 years in the UAE & Oman, have done a fair number of trips over the years. I have driven with a few different clubs and reached the level of Marshal with one.

My car of choice is a jeep - currently driving a little blue 2017 jk. I have a few modifications like reinforced front axle, off-road lights, winch, onboard compressor, mounted jerry can and tyre carrier and of course the soft top! I have two chassis mounted front recovery points and one rear. 

Looking forward to meeting you all in the early hours tomorrow! 

I have watched the video

Edited by Snappy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

2 minutes ago, Snappy said:

Hi there, 

My name is Sarah, I've been driving offroad for 8 years in the UAE & Oman, have done a fair number of trips over the years. I have driven with a few different clubs and reached the level of Marshal with one.

My car of choice is a jeep - currently driving a little blue 2017 jk. I have a few modifications like reinforced front axle, off-road lights, winch, onboard compressor, mounted jerry can and tyre carrier and of course the soft top! I have two chassis mounted front recovery points and one rear. 

Looking forward to meeting you all in the early hours tomorrow! 

I have watched the video

Welcome to Carnity @Snappy.

I will add you to the drive, I don't see your name in there yet ....

Looking forward to see you tomorrow

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Vanessa8580 said:

Welcome to Carnity @Snappy.

I will add you to the drive, I don't see your name in there yet ....

Looking forward to see you tomorrow

thanks Vanessa, I dont appear to have an option to add myself only reply to the topic! 

• Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Snappy said:

thanks Vanessa, I dont appear to have an option to add myself only reply to the topic! 

Welcome to the club @Snappy !

I have attached a small video on how to RSVP on a drive (Event) with your mobile. Just find and click on the event you would like to join, and then click on "GOING". From that moment onwards you will see your name with icon in the RSVP list.

See you tomorrow !

• Like (+1) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

On 3/9/2021 at 5:37 PM, Vanessa8580 said:

@Vanessa8580  Thanks for the warm welcome. Apologies for my tardy response, my Jeep unfortunately is still in the garage (undergoing stage 1 lift kit) and was hoping to get it back today. I will have to drop off this week and hope I can make it next week. Have a great and safe drive!

On 3/9/2021 at 5:37 PM, Vanessa8580 said:

@Warren Flay @Ehunaiti @Snappy @Kenneth Bollhardt

Below you can find the convoy numbering for tomorrow morning's drive

Absolute Newbie Drive Al Qudra 12 March 2021
Attendees Level Car   Pos #
Vanessa8580 Marshal Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Blue   1
Snappy Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler JK Blue 2017   2
Warren Flay Absolute Newbie Mitsubishi Pajero SWB Gold 2016   3
Ehunaiti Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler 2020   4
Kenneth Bollhardt Absolute Newbie Toyota Prado white 2020   5
Frederic Crew Mitsubishi Pajero SWB Blue  

We will be using radio channel 1 (446.00625), if you don't have a radio yet I can give you a spare one. 

The plan is to drive about 3 hours and practice dune driving, throttle control, basic sidesloping, and just getting you comfortable for your first time on the sand.

We usually finish our drive at the Last Exit petrol station so we can inflate the tyres. Unfortunately the compressor from the petrol station have been out of service lately, so if you have a compressor to inflate your tyres after the drive please bring it along. Alternatively you can drive on the road to the next ENOC that's about 10mins drive away but you'd need to drive slowly and avoid sharp turns. (tyre pressure will be low).

Please abide by our COVID10 regulations that we specify in the drive topic. As soon as you are deflated please wait inside the car where we will do the briefing over the radio. Keep social distance at all times and wear a mask whenever you are out of the car.

I hope to see you all tomorrow morning at 6.30 am.

Vanessa 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Drive report 

It was a small but strong convoy that I had for my first Absolute Newbie lead ....

@Snappy was my second lead and you could see that she has a lot of previous experience. She and her beautiful blue Wrangler did very well.

For @Warren Flay, it was his first time in the sand and he needed a little time in the beginning to learn how to control his little golden Pajero on the side slopes but he got the hang of it pretty fast and did good for a first timer. Well done.

@Ehunaiti and his red Wrangler were very synchronized and I didn't her him at all on the radio. I am sure he had a good time and he did very well.

I was very impressed with @Kenneth Bollhardt's Prado, beautiful car with a nice set of tyres and a 2" lift and he knew what he was doing. Very well done.

Also a big thanks to my hubby @Frederic, we don't drive together too often but we make a pretty good team !

Moving forward you all will be joining the Newbie drives and not an Absolute Newbie drive. Drives are announced every Sunday at 11 am, and they go live on Sunday at 7:10 pm. Due to the high demand, these drives get full in about 10 minutes, so please be online at 7 pm to book your spot. If you miss a spot, put your name on the waitlist asap. Generally, by Thursday with dropouts everyone does get a spot if they have waitlisted. 

For the next drives, please bring along a deflator, pressure gauge, flag and radio as a minimum. 

• Learn to deflate your tires and checking them precisely
  • Learn to fix a flag on your car
  • Learn to program and fully charge your radio

Also like I mentioned during the debriefing, join the Carnity Whatsapp Drive Notification to get the latest updates on the drives, so that you can RSVP on time for the next weekend's drive.

Please have a look at below topic which describes the tools needed for every level. There is a separate tutorial inside which explains which radio we recommend and how to program them: (Please do not buy the Baofeng 888S spare radio we gave you, as these cannot be programmed without a special cable and software).

Please have a look at below grading structure that explains various off-road levels:

Pics can be found here :

https://carnity.com/gallery/category/601-ab-newbie-qudra-dubai-12-mar-2021

See you soon in the sand again !

• Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use