•  

COVID19 Compliant - Tuesday Evening Fewbie Short Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 9 Mar 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

It was absolutely wonderful drive! Thanks indeed @Foxtrot Oscar, @Ashok chaturvedi, @Gaurav Soni and @Islam Soliman. Fantastic area, stunning views, nice dunes. Thanks you all, guys for the great company and lots of fun. Looking forward to the next drive together.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Drive Report.

What a wonderful way to break up the working week. I promised a gentle therapeutic meander through the white sands of Lisaili and that is what we got. However, I am not claiming the credit for that. It was entirely down to the great convoy, who had minimal refusals and not a lot of drama.

We gathered next to the camel track and prepared ourselves and our cars under the inquisitive eye of many a camel and their carers. When everyone was ready, we headed off down the pylon track for a few km and then cut into the technical patch that you must navigate to reach the long range dunes of Lisaili. Every member of the convoy tackled those dunes with zero issues which surprised me given the amount of big trucks we had on the drive.

From there it was just a feast of side sloping, crossing dunes and some nice low curved ridges. The cool breeze and the setting sun  matched the mood of the convoy, everyone was just so chill. 😎 As we neared Solar Park the dunes got higher and the challenge increased but not so much that your heart rate would increase too. This, after all,  was a rehabilitating midweek drive.

The few issues we did have on the drive were easily resolved, both @Hisham Masaad and myself had popouts and there were a couple of refusals and one stuck. These things happen when driving in the sand , especially to cars at the back of the convoy who have to deal with churned up soft sands. The key thing is that we learn from them and don’t get disheartened.

I was very impressed with @Watteau in his raptor who didn’t have a single issue the entire drive. It was lovely to meet you and your good lady. @Arda Yagcioglu also had a very good drive , it was nice to be out there with you again. It had been a while. @AlexPol you had a fine drive too, and its great to have someone keen to learn the ropes (literally when it comes to recoveries) @Rob Harper I promise one day you’ll join a drive and I’ll give you the speed you crave , when you reach IM level haha , great drive and another who did well in a big truck in small tight dunes. @Melenany also coped  well with the tight dunes, I understand the issues you faced and hope you get it resolved. It was nice to be out there with you again. @Hisham Masaad you had another flawless drive. Thank you for helping out with my pop out. @David Ortells another great drive with you and I hope that was the send off you needed for your time away.

Many thanks to my support team @Ashok chaturvedi for being my 2nd lead at @GauravSoni helping at CF and @Islam Soliman for sweeping at the back. It really does make a difference when you have a good team supporting you. Leading can be stressful and knowing you can rely on members of the convoy to help out is incredibly valuable. 

Once again, thank you to the entire convoy for making this short evening drive so enjoyable,

Until our next adventure 😊

• Like (+1) 6
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

a nice drive with just the right people.. this is sometime what we need to get away from the mundane activities of the working weekday! Who said only weekends are fun. It is always a pleasure to have these short weekday drives to get the nerves calm.....superb driving by everyone! Thanks Angela @Foxtrot Oscar for this excursion. @Islam Soliman for sweeping the convoy...and @Ashok chaturvedi for 2nd leading the convoy. 
Here’s the only picture I captured! 

DDC3DE56-332E-486C-894F-6AE47A5C230B.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 4

@Gaurav Soni thanks for the pic and for being a good drive buddy.  @Foxtrot Oscar Angela you continue to amaze me with your leadership great stamina and knowledge of the desert. Except for the 2 popouts which were fixed in no time and one tug the drive was perfect combination of power and experience by all drivers. My yellow FJ colour was standing out amongst near all black cars. @Islam Soliman you always do well in your sweep position. 

The desert became so beautiful at the  sun down....landscape looked well as... ocean waves frozen in time. The occasional gazelle sprinting around and camels herd  added to the value for being in the desert. 

• Like (+1) 4

thanks @Foxtrot Oscar for the amazing drive was a great experience and thanks @Islam Soliman for the hints and the Tug. Indeed I took the old lady to the garage the power loss was related to dirty fuel injectors  and not be able to provide as much fuel to cylinder as is needed. it led engine to run lean on acceleration specially going up hills. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Important Information

Terms of use