•  

COVID19 Compliant - Saturday Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Bab al Shams - Dubai - 13 Mar 2021

Jeepie

10 hours ago, Jeepie said:
1 Lead Kailas Advance Jeep Wrangler SWB
2 SL Jeepie Expert Jeep Wrangler
3   Lawrence_Chehimi Fewbie 2019 Nissan Patro - Y62 Platinum City - White
4   Federico de Chirico Fewbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB 3.8
5   Salty3Arab Fewbie 2014 Mitsubishi Pajero - 4 door- White
6   Mikhail Lukichev Fewbie Toyota Landcruiser Prado
7 CF Alex Pol Fewbie Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
8   Thomas Varghese Fewbie NIssan Xterra
9   William Fernandes Fewbie Toyota FJ Cruiser
10   Sinol Fewbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB
11   Ranjan Das Fewbie LR Discovery
12   imranaasghar81 Fewbie Toyota FJ Cruiser
13 SW Watteau Fewbie Ford Raptor F150

@Kailas @AlexPol @Watteau @Lawrence_Chehimi @Federico De Chirico @Salty3Arab @Mikhail Lukichev @Thomas Varghese @William Fernandes @Sinol @Ranjan Das @imranaasghar81

Kailas will be leading (part of) the drive and I will be SL keeping an eye on him😁

Radio channel 2

See you all tomorrow.

@Jeepie please excuse me from tomorrow's drive as I'm not keeping well.

• Like (+1) 1

Sorry about that Thomas. See you another time.

7 hours ago, Yahya Munir said:

Can I be whitelisted for the drive? 2nd drive of the week, 1st fewbie.

Sorry Yahya, the drive has been closed. Hope to see you another time 

Edited by Jeepie
  • Like (+1) 1

With a very strong convoy we set off under Kailas' lead. A little correction in direction at the start was all it took, and then @Kailas was in his element. With some lovely wide dunes and a few little technical areas, we ended up at a perfect slope, where Kailas showed us what a good teacher he is.  Showing us how to side slope, ridge ride and criss cross one by one. After checking out that nobody was fighting gravity and everyone was coping quite well, we set off again finding nice dunes to practice what we learned. A few refusals and a couple of stucks are all part of the game.  Nothing serious and all solved with the help of @AlexPol and @Watteau (another Alex). Nice to see @Sinol that you are no longer shy on the gas,@William Fernandes no longer fighting gravity and @Ranjan Das that you are getting used to the new car feeling more confident. A Special shout out for all the less experienced Fewbies @Lawrence_Chehimi @Mikhail Lukichev @Federico De Chirico @Salty3Arab and @Watteau you all did a great job. Very strong convoy.  I certainly enjoyed the drive. Hope you did too. And @Lawrence_Chehimi thanks again for pointing out the loose hose hanging from my car.

See you all again soon 

Pictures in the gallery

Edited by Jeepie
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Well Done (+2) 2

1 hour ago, Jeepie said:

With a very strong convoy we set off under Kailas' lead. A little correction in direction at the start was all it took, and then @Kailas was in his element. With some lovely wide dunes and a few little technical areas, we ended up at a perfect slope, where Kailas showed us what a good teacher he is.  Showing us how to side slope, ridge ride and criss cross one by one. After checking out that nobody was fighting gravity and everyone was coping quite well, we set off again finding nice dunes to practice what we learned. A few refusals and a couple of stucks are all part of the game.  Nothing serious and all solved with the help of @AlexPol and @Watteau (another Alex). Nice to see @Sinol that you are no longer shy on the gas,@William Fernandes no longer fighting gravity and @Ranjan Das that you are getting used to the new car feeling more confident. A Special shout out for all the less experienced Fewbies @Lawrence_Chehimi @Mikhail Lukichev @Federico De Chirico @Salty3Arab and @Watteau you all did a great job. Very strong convoy.  I certainly enjoyed the drive. Hope you did too. And @Lawrence_Chehimi thanks again for pointing out the loose hose hanging from my car.

See you all again soon 

Pictures in the gallery

I wished to join but after almost 18 hours of driving yesterday I knew I will be a burden on the convoy. Started yesterday to drive at 4.30am and reached back home at 10.30 pm. As my wife reminded me that even though I may feel energetic at heart but remember my body is old now. I wished I would have been in the sands with you all. 

I wonder how @Kailas managed to reach and join you. Perhaps he didn't go home. Camped near our exit point only last night. More than his wrangler floating on the sands he may have been floating around after all the torture we subject him to at yesterday's afternoon drive 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 2

I echo @Jeepie’s comment of an excellent drive had today. I extend my appreciation to @Kailas for his excellent lead under @Jeepie’s supervision. I also wish to thank @AlexPol and @Watteau for their keen support throughout the drive and ofcourse the rest of the members in the convoy. We held it together and had great fun! Thank you! 

• Like (+1) 3

Thank you @Jeepie and @Kailas for the drive, it was the first time I do some long ridge riding, it was so exciting. @Kailas you managed the lead really well, i like how calm you always are..

Looking forward for the next fewbie drive..

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use