•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Intermediate Desert Drive - Faqa to Bab Al Shams - Dubai - 12 Mar 2021

3 hours ago, Luca Palanca Falsini said:

Hi everyone, 

Here the convoy order for the tomorrow drive:

image.png.a69d8c98ac51b65385226ccd62d5431f.png

we are going to use Carnity channel 5.

See you all on the sand!!

Hi @Luca Palanca Falsini my car had a battery issue and I will have to replace it but couldn’t do it on time for tomorrow’s drive and unfortunately will have to miss it. Hope you all have a great time!

• Like (+1) 1

Hi

We had really eventful drive this morning from Faqa. Few tire issues, stucks & pulls, technical dunes, bowls, Oryx fights, etc. Great drive all in all !

Thank you @Luca Palanca Falsini for route selection and good convoy management. Good work done also @Gaurav Soni as SL and @Shaaz Sha  sweeping.

I enjoyed a lot, thank you for the company gents !

Few shots in gallery...

See you on sand soon !

Edited by Tero Vallas
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hello everyone,

Hope everyone had a good day . Thank you @Luca Palanca Falsini for the selection of terrains. Though we had a few refusals and tugs, the drive was excellent in terms of the pace , some sideys and some technical areas.

@Gaurav Sonithank you for your second lead and it was nice driving with you.

@Junaid120120did really well with your FJ bro

@Jack Thomas had little issue in handling your full size SUV, but once when you are sync with your truck completely, you love the drives even more. 😃👍. Did well bro

@Ashok chaturvedi ashok ji, nothing to comment.. you were absolutely active and energetic

@Tero Vallas  had some issues with the flag, may b due to the very soft sand getting inside the holder. It was nice to see you having fun with you prado.

Thank you guys once again and see you on sand soon.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks @Luca Palanca Falsini it was a great drive "Luca Safari" I prefer to call it.. what a treat to see heards of Gazelles so closely..There were some usual incidences to test our skills and few today haopened nothing serious at all. The morning did start with a minor  channel issue as the channel 5 on 442 frequency is a reserve for Carnity and rarely used and my type of Motorola does not have it. My solution now is to buy a set of Baofeng UV5R for aed 70 as recommend by Frederic dear and keep it as my reserve. Again many thanks for resolving the channel issue. 

@Gaurav Soni @Junaid120120  @Jack Thomas @Tero Vallas @Anand Nataraj appreciate guys for a superb team work. Hope Anand dear has fixed his leaky tyre. 

See you soon.. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Thanks to everybody for your enthusiasm regarding yesterday's drive!

The path between Faqa and Bab al Shams is always gifting us with wonderful places, Gazelles and Oryx. Yesterday was not an exception!

Even with some refusals, stuck and a forced exit due to a tire leaking, we covered almost 60 Km! 

Thank you @Shaaz Sha for your sweep! Was not an easy job!

@Gaurav Soni @Junaid120120, @Ashok chaturvedi your enthusiasm and willingness to help is remarkable, hope to see you soon on the sand then.

@Tero Vallas was a pleasure meeting you again and seeing that you enjoyed the drive with us.

@Jack Thomas don’t worry about the problems that you encountered, you just need a little time to be comfortable with your car. it’s not easy to handle an F150 on this kind of terrain! So keep going with us and keep learning! Just, for the future,  keep in mind that not all the Marshals will accept you if you don’t make a reservation in advance.

@Shaaz Sha and @Tero Vallas your photos are amazing!

Hope to see you all on the sand soon and share new amazing experience on the desert!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use