•  
Advertise here

Leaving Carnity Off-road Club

50 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

I'm recharged and ready to drive again. Sorry for the indecision. Not quitting. How can I when I have so many friends here. 

See you all soon in the sands

Welcome back @Thomas Varghese having so much lovers, is enough to keep part of @Carnity and newbie level only 😀

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Thanks to everybody who supported me in my difficult times. Never knew I will be making friends at this age. Once upon a time when I was a teenager I had lot of friends. When the daily routine changed to working, running business, looking after family the friendship circle started to becoming smaller and smaller and finally it reached zero. I'm so happy that I have friends who I can call as friends. I could see the people who come for off roading come there as they take it as a hobby and want to spend some time away from the bustling world and want to be themselves. 

See you all soon in the sands. 

Sad note - I got a fine of 700 AED on 26th Feb at 1.07 pm at Al Dhaid. For sure I must have been speeding to reach the drive.😔

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Sad (0) 4
  • WOW (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

@Thomas Varghese, welcome back, glad you changed your mind. Looking forward to see you on sands and see more Odometer records broken by your cars especially the altima..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

@Thomas Varghese, welcome back, glad you changed your mind. Looking forward to see you on sands and see more Odometer records broken by your cars especially the altima..

The altima is taking rest as now a days I use the Xterra. There is nothing great in achieving those odo readings. Japanese cars are reliable than all others if you do the maintenance properly. In all these kilometers I changed the suspension only once along with the front struts at 400000 km. The rear shock is the original. Don't think I used the car very carefully. Altima's preferred pastime was jumping over curbstones. My ex colleagues used to say Thomas thinks his car is a 4 x 4 and the poor car will not even touch 100000 km to fall apart. I still keep it because I love the car and its the 1st car I bought when I came here. Its still in pristine condition except for some holes in the seat cover due to cigarette ash flying around.  

• Like (+1) 4

The altima was my first car in UAE as well, honestly didn't face any issue with car and didn't spend any money on it other than the transmissions that were replaced under warranty. I always serviced it in the agency, but I guess My foot is heavy on the accelerator and CVTS don't like to rev....

• Like (+1) 2

@Thomas Varghese 

I do not know what to say, I felt sad when I read the reason for your quitting the club and now I feel happy that you backed out of your decision, but the most thing that makes me feel proud of this family, is this support that I saw in the comments, and indeed what the guys said is 100% true. The main goal is to enjoy at Which level you are. Welcome back again, and I look forward to joining the driving journey together. In any case, you are not too late to have new friendships. They may be older than most of us, but you have a young heart beating like all of us.
See you soon in the sands

• Like (+1) 7

4 hours ago, Ahmad Shaker said:

@Thomas Varghese 

I do not know what to say, I felt sad when I read the reason for your quitting the club and now I feel happy that you backed out of your decision, but the most thing that makes me feel proud of this family, is this support that I saw in the comments, and indeed what the guys said is 100% true. The main goal is to enjoy at Which level you are. Welcome back again, and I look forward to joining the driving journey together. In any case, you are not too late to have new friendships. They may be older than most of us, but you have a young heart beating like all of us.
See you soon in the sands

Today is 9th of March and tomorrow is my wife's birthday which I forgot completely as I was always thinking about carnity drives. Thank God I remembered in the nick of time or it would have been better for all of you to take me & leave me in the middle of the desert. I was so engrossed in drives I forgot her birthday is approaching. 

This is what elders says saved in the nick of time. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 6