•  
Advertise here

Digital Temperature Monitoring : Xterra

1 hour ago, Niki Patel said:

@Frederic - i can no longer classify my rig as 'old'!  not having OBD2 interface is like my kids not comprehending a time before internet!... i am in awe of you 'old rig' owners!

thanks for sharing this setup - i love how you have DIY'd this - Frederic you remind me of one of my fav youtube channels

Let me know if you have any recommended OBD2 Bluetooth setups as Amazon is flooded with items and difficult to make my way through that.  no worries if not as i now have a topic to research in my spare time!

I think you should look for Torque Pro app. If you have screen on your car and if it is working with iphone or android you can give the information to screen as well. You will have live data about many things. 

Edited by sertac
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

will installing an additional transmission cooler help in keeping the temperatures from rising? 

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 months later...

Thanks alot  @Nivin ! This works for Pathfinder r51 too! Super useful!

Just the digital speedometer is averagely 10 kmh slower than the dash pin, I don't have the balls to test the accuracy with the speed camera 🤣

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Zixuan Huang said:

Thanks alot  @Nivin ! This works for Pathfinder r51 too! Super useful!

Just the digital speedometer is averagely 10 kmh slower than the dash pin, I don't have the balls to test the accuracy with the speed camera 🤣

Check from google maps. Thats the real speed. For example if the speed limit is 130 i am driving near to 140(on clock) but not getting radar. Because my real speed is 128-129. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

48 minutes ago, sertac said:

Check from google maps. Thats the real speed. For example if the speed limit is 130 i am driving near to 140(on clock) but not getting radar. Because my real speed is 128-129. 

I think its because you changed the tire size the speedo gets wrong reading

Very few cars have an accurate speedometer, basically a 10% difference is considered acceptable by car manufacturers and won't really bother to calibrate it.

Open waze app and compare the car's reading to that of the app. I've been driving for 8 years in Dubai following the speed shown on Waze app which is very accurate. i drive at 139 km/h on waze and I'm always way faster than every car driving on the left lane, the speedometer in my nissan will show around 148. My second car dor example reads 146 when waze app shows 139.

If you drive a hyundai then you will find that the speedometer is pretty much accurate. Usually waze will show 139 and the car shows 140.

The google maps speed didn't work for me, I tried it few times and was showing wrong readings. Not sure if they updated it recently but I won't trust it again.

Edited by Lawrence_Chehimi
  • Like (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Lawrence_Chehimi said:

Very few cars have an accurate speedometer, basically a 10% difference is considered acceptable by car manufacturers and won't really bother to calibrate it.

Open waze app and compare the car's reading to that of the app. I've been driving for 8 years in Dubai following the speed shown on Waze app which is very accurate. i drive at 139 km/h on waze and I'm always way faster than every car driving on the left lane, the speedometer in my nissan will show around 148. My second car dor example reads 146 when waze app shows 139.

If you drive a hyundai then you will find that the speedometer is pretty much accurate. Usually waze will show 139 and the car shows 140.

The google maps speed didn't work for me, I tried it few times and was showing wrong readings. Not sure if they updated it recently but I won't trust it again.

I checked against the speed radars and found I had a 10% error after changing the tire size. Fool proof method but you got to pay RTA 600 AED

All Nissan speedometers are of 10 digits off than the actual speed 

my JGC it’s 1 digit off

I checked it in radarbot app 

Edited by M.Seidam
  • WOW (+2) 1

1 minute ago, M.Seidam said:

All Nissan speedometers are of 10 digits less than the actual speed 

my JGC it’s 1 digit less 

I checked it in radarbot app 

will be good if you inform the RTA. My Altima triggers the speed cam when over 140 even by 1 km/hr

7 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

will be good if you inform the RTA. My Altima triggers the speed cam when over 140 even by 1 km/hr

I am not sure if this for safety reasons deliberately done by the manufacturers or it’s an error . In old collage  times I used to drive Golf GTD turbo diesel ( 1986 ) model   which also was showing 10 digits less than the actual speed ) !

Edited by M.Seidam