•  

ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 19 Mar 2021

Ale Vallecchi

On 3/16/2021 at 9:30 AM, Kareem El Fouly said:

Good Morning,

• you have any prior off-road experience; Driving experience only once on an Off Road Course with EDI
  • your vehicle has front and rear tow hooks / eyelets.
    • Front yes, Rear need to get one
  • tire deflator, Check
  • tire pressure gauge, Check
  • off-road flag, Check
  • air compressor, not yet... is it absolutely needed on this trip?

Looking forward guys, see you on Friday.

Question, can i bring a friend who will ride with me in the car?

@Ale Vallecchi, am not sure if I missed the Location! When and how are we getting the exact locations?

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Kareem El Fouly said:

@Ale Vallecchi, am not sure if I missed the Location! When and how are we getting the exact locations?

Hello @Kareem El Fouly. The meeting point is now posted on the drive's posts. Please check, and confirm.

Thanks a lot.

• Like (+1) 1

Morning 

I do have deflator and pressure gauge but no flag or compressor. I have been driving in the desert before but have lots to learn. 
my car does have tow points front and back and also a winch which has rescued me a few times. 
looking forward to tomorrow. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Good afternoon @Ale Vallecchi

Looking forward for interesting and amazing experience.

I've just once driven off road along our  pathfinder group once done near fossil rock and  really enjoyed it :).

My car is equipped with front & rear tow hooks, and I have deflator, pressure gauge, flag, and a radio.

Just missing the compressor for the moment. I will try to get it soon, coz just doing some research to have the best one with the best deal.

I am enthusiastic and passionate for the knowledge to learn as more as possible.

I Drive Pathfinder 2005 R50.

Looking forward to meet every one one Friday.

• Like (+1) 2

42 minutes ago, yunus Kazi said:

Looking forward for interesting and amazing experience.

I've just once driven off road along our  pathfinder group once done near fossil rock and  really enjoyed it :).

My car is equipped with front & rear tow hooks, and I have deflator, pressure gauge, flag, and a radio.

Just missing the compressor for the moment. I will try to get it soon, coz just doing some research to have the best one with the best deal.

I am enthusiastic and passionate for the knowledge to learn as more as possible.

I Drive Pathfinder 2005 R50.

Looking forward to meet every one one Friday.

Hello @yunus Kazi. Looking forward to seeing you. 

7 hours ago, Richard Franks said:

Morning 

I do have deflator and pressure gauge but no flag or compressor. I have been driving in the desert before but have lots to learn. 
my car does have tow points front and back and also a winch which has rescued me a few times. 
looking forward to tomorrow. 

Thanks @Richard Franks. See you tomorrow. 

Dear desert people.

Time to send the last information about tomorrow's Absolute Newbie drive.

First of all, thanks for sending me the info regarding your past experiences, and available equipment. I will check the tow points when you reach the meeting point, just to make sure they are in good conditions. Those who have flags, please mount them, while I will assist you with deflating. Please, remember to come with a full tank.

Regarding the meeting point, I have chosen a spot which is a bit out of the way from the tarmac road, as in the proximity of the turn-off there are a lot of road works, and we may not have enough space. As advised, please follow the Google Map directions. Once you turn off the tarmac (after circling 360 degrees around a roundabout) you will pass through an opening in the roadworks, and head toward an opening in the fence you'll see in front of you. One between myself (with a grey FJ) and @Jeepie (with a green Jeep) will be waiting there, to point you in the right direction. Please take that gravel road into the area, and drive for less than 3 Km before finding the meeting point. Either myself or Marjan (Jeepie) will be already parked there: stop in a line on the side of the track, and wait to receive further instructions. Those of you with radios, please tune into Carnity Channel #1 (446.006). It would be best if you manage to have this frequency pre-programmed, or activate the dial-in function of your radio, so you may manually tune into it.

This will be the convoy order which you will have to follow, once we'll have departed from the meeting and deflation point:

@JeromeFJ will be #2

@RajaSekhar Kodali is #3

@yunus Kazi #4

@Chris Wing will take place #5

@Richard Franks is #6

@Kareem El Fouly will drive in place #7, and 

@Jeepie will close the convoy.

Everything else you'll have to know we'll discuss and introduce you to, just before and during the drive. Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow morning at 6:00AM sharp

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use