•  

ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 19 Mar 2021

Ale Vallecchi

Responding to the challenge - Absolute Newbie Trip Report

Dear @JeromeFJ, @yunus Kazi, @Chris Wing, @Richard Franks and @Kareem El Fouly, congratulations for completing your first Carnity drive. You earned your first stripe, and are ready to tackle the next Newbie challenges.

As I mentioned at the end of the day, they may be easier than last Friday's drive, when the quality of the convoy prompted me to push beyond the limits of an average introductory day in the desert. I am very proud of how each of you managed to face increasingly difficult terrains and obstacles, learning to straight-crossing low and medium dunes, side sloping on higher and higher inclines, and finally, approaching and riding smooth ridges, and finally the first rudiments of criss-crossing, on safe long and open dunes. The last two of thus skills will not be testes again until your first Fewbie drives, which is a testament to your quality of driving, and coolness under pressure. 

Also, well done on a few self recoveries, under the skilled guidance of @Jeepie.

We all hope that @RajaSekhar Kodali, who unfortunately had to exit quite early on, due to the damage to its front bumper and radiator, is doing OK, and hopefully will get his car back soon. May this incident serve as a hard learned lesson on how to manage an approach to the crossing of dunes, that is initially with not more than 30% of the car's full power, and in complete control of the momentum, to avoid jumping off the crest, and landing on your nose. 

Well done everybody for completing quite a long drive, lasted 4:07 hours, of which 2:37 moving, covering 59.2 Km, at an average speed of 14 Km/h, and 23 Km/h while moving

I hope to see you soon again in the sand. In the meantime, I wish you a good week.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for having given us the opportunity to experience more of the thrills of dune driving !

Definitely not the average introductory drive. Your expert guidance gave us the confidence to tackle the obstacles :)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, yunus Kazi said:

@Ale Vallecchi thanks a lot for such an amazing experience, and great skills you taught us on of road driving.

It wouldn't be possible with out your support, now I feel more confident to drive on deserts. 

Wish we could record the Drive.

Thanks a lot once again.

Dear @yunus Kazi, you did well. Make sure to continue driving with convoys, now at Newbie level, to further practice and improve the basic skills we learned last Friday. Enjoy.

Important Information

Terms of use