•  
Advertise here

Rubicon from Canada 2015

Most imports are salvage / flooded / stolen cars in UAE, so don't just buy on that story of first owner and check all service records and carfax history to be 100% sure.

Coming to GCC version, it's always best to stick to GCC specs which are made for hot climate. But some manufacturers and some models are same in many regions, so better to get some real person advise on this. I think @Alexander Alcala has bought his Jeep in US/Canada and imported here for his own use, maybe he can advise if US Spec Jeeps are keeping fine in GCC climate.

Also if you go this route then be ready for literally zero support from local dealer here, unless you are ready for arm twisting over emails to Jeep Mideast and US. No dealers like to touch and service non-gcc cars here and treat them like a mars-rover. We dont have parts, no wiring diagram, no service manual bla bla bla.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Just to add to what @Gaurav bhai mentioned outside workshops will pretend to know what they are doing and Just Empty Every Pocket (Jeep) of yours before handing it back to you with unresolved issues. While they claim the parts changed needed to be replaced but your Jeep just needs more work.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

In addition to Agreeing with @Gaurav and @Rahimdad also No Full insurance as well as No Off road cover for non-GCC species here. 
unless specifically you know this item and welling for self experimenting with external support who can provide you the part you need , I am afraid to say it’s ain’t worth the effort .

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Hi.  I bought mine in Chile, new from the dealer and brought it here with me after running the numbers and deciding it was the best deal for me.  i don’t know about your particular case, but as they say, i would make sure it is not a lemon checking the history of the car.  And also ensuring it is not stolen or a salvage case.

So far i have had no problems with the temperature here after almost one year. I am not sure if jeep has a particular specification for GCC as other brands do. 

6 minutes ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

In addition to Agreeing with @Gaurav and @Rahimdad also No Full insurance as well as No Off road cover for non-GCC species here. 
unless specifically you know this item and welling for self experimenting with external support who can provide you the part you need , I am afraid to say it’s ain’t worth the effort .

I have full off road cover in my insurance.......

18 minutes ago, Rahimdad said:

Just to add to what @Gaurav bhai mentioned outside workshops will pretend to know what they are doing and Just Empty Every Pocket (Jeep) of yours before handing it back to you with unresolved issues. While they claim the parts changed needed to be replaced but your Jeep just needs more work.

I have my trusted garage that has served me well and I took it once to the official jeep dealer and they gave me support without any issues. Only mentioned that my VIN was not in their DB. I explained, and voila......

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Good evening all, If I may chip in if it helps at all, there are two aspects and this works for me, one is the emotional journey ie the make, the model, color snd type of car, including the feel and comfort during a test drive, once that’s out of the way, I would subject the car to a thorough inspection, a complete inspection report would possibly cost around AED 200 to 300 I suppose, this would possibly give you an indication of the price and whether you are getting good value for money and if it will serve the purpose. Some imports normally have what’s known as PSI (Pre Shipment inspection report.....sighting that will be helpful) Once you have got that done you are better placed to decide to either go ahead with the acquisition or not! Good luck @Trekado

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1