•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Tuesday Evening Fewbie Drive - EXPLORATION Lahbab to Mahafiz - Sharjah - 16 Mar 2021

Ale Vallecchi

9 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Don't lose the chance to drive with @Ale Vallecchi. I have driven under his lead so many times and he is a good teacher. Moreover I have already 2 drives confirmed this week itself with another one waitlisted. So if @Ale Vallecchi cannot accommodate @kolinrrj I am ready to pass on my slot to her now as this is her 1st fewbie drive. 

@Thomas Varghese, thats an awesome offer Sir, but I can't let you do that. Truly appreciate it though.  I'll join you on another drive. No worries 😉 

I have driven with Ale and learnt a lot from him. 

So, @Ale Vallecchi please go ahead, add Craig and maintain Thomas.  Thanks!

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, kolinrrj said:

@Thomas Varghese, thats an awesome offer Sir, but I can't let you do that. Truly appreciate it though.  I'll join you on another drive. No worries 😉 

I have driven with Ale and learnt a lot from him. 

So, @Ale Vallecchi please go ahead, add Craig and maintain Thomas.  Thanks!

It was not a hollow offer. As you said its your 1st fewbie drive I know you are excited to participate. I have done 15 or more fewbie drives and it is a wonderful experience especially under @Ale Vallecchi's lead. I always love to drive when he leads. Very technical, matured and smooth. Instructions are very clear and you only have to follow them. Something goes wrong he has the patience to explain where and how you went wrong. I love to be on the drive but not at the cost of somebody's enjoyment. 

I think you don't have to quit as he has already added you as confirmed to the drive. Probably he will decide to accommodate all of us seeing the enthusiasm. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Thomas Varghese said:

It was not a hollow offer. As you said its your 1st fewbie drive I know you are excited to participate. I have done 15 or more fewbie drives and it is a wonderful experience especially under @Ale Vallecchi's lead. I always love to drive when he leads. Very technical, matured and smooth. Instructions are very clear and you only have to follow them. Something goes wrong he has the patience to explain where and how you went wrong. I love to be on the drive but not at the cost of somebody's enjoyment. 

I think you don't have to quit as he has already added you as confirmed to the drive. Probably he will decide to accommodate all of us seeing the enthusiasm. 

we are all excited to join, hopefully it happens @Thomas Varghese🙌... we are all waiting till last minute 😂

• Like (+1) 4

Dear @Melenanydear @kolinrrj, after reviewing the group's composition, considering that most of the drivers are Intermediate and above, I will open it up to one more member, and will confirm both of you (and @Thomas Varghese) in tomorrow's drive. I'll soon send out the drive's presentation, and meeting point, Convoy order will follow later today. Thanks and see you both tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Dear Desertnauts,

tomorrow's drive will be the first time I take a convoy into an area I have not visited before. Usually, I ask the Advisors' group members to come along, so that we may safely scout an area, and decide if it's worthwhile adding to our list of itinerary's, and at what level. I have just done something like that (a scouting drive with some fellow Seniors) in a neighboring area, close to Nazwa, coming off another track starting at Al Aweer. This time, we'll aim to reach Mahafiz, to the east of our entry point, then drive back toward Nazwa, crossing the latest scouted route a couple of times, but driving through new territory most of the time.

Even the entry point into the dunes may be uncertain, due to the presence of a deep sandy ditch next to the tarmac road, which will force us to look for a suitable entrance. Our meeting point (soon to be posted), therefore, may not be exactly where we'll start the drive off-road.

With all of the above in mind, make sure you bring with you a bit of patience, and a lot of spirit of adventure, as we may have to redirect quite a few times, in search of a suitable route. The level I have in mind for a future drive to be posted in this area is Fewbie, but in an exploration drive, this may escalate a bit, exactly in order to find the best route, and avoid any complications we may find on the track.

Convoy order and radio frequency will follow soon.

See you all tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • WOW (+2) 1

4 minutes ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts,

tomorrow's drive will be the first time I take a convoy into an area I have not visited before. Usually, I ask the Advisors' group members to come along, so that we may safely scout an area, and decide if it's worthwhile adding to our list of itinerary's, and at what level. I have just done something like that (a scouting drive with some fellow Seniors) in a neighboring area, close to Nazwa, coming off another track starting at Al Aweer. This time, we'll aim to reach Mahafiz, to the east of our entry point, then drive back toward Nazwa, crossing the latest scouted route a couple of times, but driving through new territory most of the time.

Even the entry point into the dunes may be uncertain, due to the presence of a deep sandy ditch next to the tarmac road, which will force us to look for a suitable entrance. Our meeting point (soon to be posted), therefore, may not be exactly where we'll start the drive off-road.

With all of the above in mind, make sure you bring with you a bit of patience, and a lot of spirit of adventure, as we may have to redirect quite a few times, in search of a suitable route. The level I have in mind for a future drive to be posted in this area is Fewbie, but in an exploration drive, this may escalate a bit, exactly in order to find the best route, and avoid any complications we may find on the track.

Convoy order and radio frequency will follow soon.

See you all tomorrow.

Patience and enthusiasm I inherited as soon as I was born. You have introduced excitement also now. This drive will be fun. I wish it happened today itself. You be the Livingston and we will follow you for the rest of the way. LET US EXPLORE.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

2 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear @Melenanydear @kolinrrj, after reviewing the group's composition, considering that most of the drivers are Intermediate and above, I will open it up to one more member, and will confirm both of you (and @Thomas Varghese) in tomorrow's drive. I'll soon send out the drive's presentation, and meeting point, Convoy order will follow later today. Thanks and see you both tomorrow.

Glad @Ale Vallecchito accomodate all. Thank you

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, Shehab Alawadhi said:

Good afternoon, sadly I won’t be able to make the drive. @Ale Vallecchi so I’ll remove myself from. Enjoy everyone!!

@Shehab Alawadhi thanks for the update. See you another time. 

On 3/14/2021 at 10:27 AM, Craig Finlayson said:

Hi Ale. Let me know if a space comes available. 
cheers, Craig 

Hello @Craig Finlayson. Are you still interested in this drive? One spot has become available. Kindly confirm. Thanks

• Like (+1) 4

Important Information

Terms of use