•  

COVID 19 Compliant - Tuesday Evening Fewbie Drive - EXPLORATION Lahbab to Mahafiz - Sharjah - 16 Mar 2021

Ale Vallecchi

1 minute ago, Ashok chaturvedi said:

@Thomas Varghese @Melenany please can you email or whataspp my pics in the Yellow FJ. My email is [email protected] and mobile 0506442921. 

Also thanks @Ale Vallecchi for choosing the new route safari.. for a change from seeing Gazelles and Camels we saw mostly Goats as free range wanderer. Also some sort of yellow squash/lemon fruits from shrubs wonder what they were. Surpringly we hardly had any stucks very few refusals in the early part of drive but later there were few mostly on ridges. @Gaurav There seem to some sort of phenomena (my view) in most drives that stucks and refusals happen mainly when driver reach the end of drive.. is it possible complacent or driver gets tired or in hurry to exit. 

Final comment Lower level drives I mean below IM have the same fun and thrills and are very good practice oppertunity to be 2nd lead, CF and sweep and must be given to all IM who participate in such drives. 

@Ashok chaturvedi I completely agree with you, on both counts of your observations.

Stucks and refusals tend to happen more at the end of a drive (considering the terrain equal from beginning to end), due to some fatigue, and diminishing concentration. At Carnity we try to limit drives to 3 hours (especially at Newbie and Fewbie levels), as that seems to be the threshold beyond which concentration starts to ebb.

Also true that Newbie and especially Fewbie drives are both great fun, and wonderful opportunities, for technically more advanced drivers, to enjoy the desert at a more leisurely pace, and to learn from other's mistakes and recovery efforts. This is an essential process for those who wish to advance to higher ranks.

Thanks for your comments.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

1 hour ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

@Ashok chaturvedi I completely agree with you, on both counts of your observations.

Stucks and refusals tend to happen more at the end of a drive (considering the terrain equal from beginning to end), due to some fatigue, and diminishing concentration. At Carnity we try to limit drives to 3 hours (especially at Newbie and Fewbie levels), as that seems to be the threshold beyond which concentration starts to ebb.

Also true that Newbie and especially Fewbie drives are both great fun, and wonderful opportunities, for technically more advanced drivers, to enjoy the desert at a more leisurely pace, and to learn from other's mistakes and recovery efforts. This is an essential process for those who wish to advance to higher ranks.

Thanks for your comments.

@Ale Vallecchi I think its more due to complacent over confidence tackling similar terrains early in the drive which makes this phenomenon of stucks and refusals towards the end of the drive combined with fatigue and lack of concentration. Probably the car also gets heated up due to long drive and diminishes in performance. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use