•  

COVID19 Compliant - Saturday Morning Intermediate Drive - Ganthoot Blitz Remake - Dubai - 20 Mar 2021

Ale Vallecchi

1 hour ago, Junaid120120 said:

team, I don't see the location was shared for this drive, I hope its not in abu dhabi :)

It’s within the thread from Bab Shams and looping back to Dubai 😉

• Like (+1) 3

21 hours ago, Junaid120120 said:

team, I don't see the location was shared for this drive, I hope its not in abu dhabi :)

Hi @Junaid120120. The starting point is near Bab al Shams, and the drive will be in Dubai 100%.

• Like (+1) 3

Dear Desertnauts.

The Ganthoot Blitz was tested, and executed for the first time time toward the end of last year, with the goal of re-discovering an almost virgin territory, with plenty of mixed terrain, and the potential to extend the drive toward the east, in the direction of Faqa.

The area between Bab al Shams and Ganthoot is little travelled, and quite pristine due to its proximity with the AD border. From the Bab al Shams' side, its long range dunes are also further sheltered by an area of tight, technical dunes, which make the entry a little more complicated than simply driving north toward Al Qudra.

Our goal will be to reach the heart of this area, with its playable long dunes, and drive south-west toward the AD border, zig-zagging between sabkhas, or side-sloping and criss-crossing the cordons of large, open dunes, until we'll have to loop back toward Solar Park, or perhaps, time and convoy permitting, extending the drive beyond the fenced military area that separates Ganthoot's outskirts from Little Sweihan to the south, and the Middle Earth, to the north.

@Ahab Shamaa, @Archibald Jurdi, @GauravSoni, @Tero Vallas, @Ilya Golubinsky, @Gregory Perkin, @Junaid120120, @Mohamed Seidam, @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ, @Ashok chaturvedi and @Foxtrot Oscar, welcome to the drive, and while waiting for it, enjoy your week.

• Like (+1) 8
  • Thanks (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Rizwan Waheed said:

@Ale Vallecchi Hello,

please exclude me from the waiting list, Change of plans.

Thanks & have a safe drive every one.

@Rizwan Waheed copy that. Thanks 

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Desertnauts,

just a quick brief about this coming Saturday's drive.

Please remember that the meeting time is set at 6:00 AM sharp, which is half an hour earlier than last week. We'll be meeting at the so-called "Bab al Shams" point, along the road to the eponymous resort, past the bike track and the road works, a couple of Km down the dirt track leading from the opening in the fence.

The drive will take us down the sand track, into the first open dunes of Bab al Shams, across the pylons, then south-west through a technical area, until we'll reach the long range dunes and bowls that will accompany us almost all the way to Ganthoot's outskirts. After riding some ridges, crossing a couple of sabkhas and reaching the fenced off military enclosure, we'll decide whether to loop back toward Bab al Shams, or to cross over to the "Middle Earth", to ride a few more dunes, before exiting toward Solar Park.

The convoy order will be the following:

@Ilya Golubinsky in Second Lead

@Archibald Jurdi at #3

@Junaid120120 in place #4

@Ahab Shamaa with spot #5

@Tero Vallas in #6

@Islam Soliman will Center the convoy

@GauravSoni will follow at #8

@Mohamed Seidam will take #9

@Gregory Perkin at #10

@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ to follow at #11

@Ashok chaturvedi will be #12, and 

@Foxtrot Oscar will Sweep the convoy.

Once arrived at the meeting point, please tune into Carnity Channel #5 (462.887).

Enjoy your end of the week, and see you on Saturday.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

Important Information

Terms of use