•  

COVID19 Compliant - Saturday Morning Intermediate Drive - Ganthoot Blitz Remake - Dubai - 20 Mar 2021

Ale Vallecchi

Hi @Ale Vallecchi please can you share the meeting point on Google ? 

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi please am you share the meeting point on Google ? 

@Mohamed Seidam Done

https://maps.app.goo.gl/7uYyVhr76LNfcN4VA

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GauravSoni said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi I have a flat tyre on way to meeting point. Will be delayed in reaching the start point. I will have to to drop out from the drive today. 

@GauravSoni copy that. I am sorry. See you soon. 

• Like (+1) 1

Once again I wish to thank @Ale Vallecchi take us yet through another picturesque drive yesterday from Qudra to Ghantoot and return. We once again saw herds of Oryx and saw the alpha male always standing still and majesticalll watching our convoy pass through. I was in 2nd last position (11th) and the  irony of this position is that any trip lead terrain alerts good or bad took a few minutes drive to reach me  such was the length of the convoy. Also some sharp crest or bumps get iron out before reaching it @Ilya Golubinsky a very good driver otherwise  had a mishap and the recovery took over an hour to get us back into drive, coming  out of this  there was plenty of learning for us all. Also a treat to watch how Ale directed the recovery operations and made it a superb team efforts overall. Naming few contributors @Foxtrot Oscar @Islam Soliman @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @Mohamed Seidam and not to miss out @Ahab Shamaa not only succeeded in uprighting the car but fixed its pop put as well.  What was the highlight as well was the self recovery of Dr Seidam and Islam (who came in to tug out the Dr's car stuck on the very soft tricky patch. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 2

12 hours ago, Islam Soliman said:

Very happy @Ilya Golubinsky that the car didn’t suffer any issues other than the broken side mirror but even happier that you and your in-laws are all safe and I am more than impressed that they didn’t mind continuing the drive till we exited.. great spirit.

I will second what Angela @Foxtrot Oscar shared over the radio about how good of an off-roader you are.. I always enjoyed driving with you and you are definitely an excellent driver.. no doubt.. however no one is safe from that split-second mistake hence the need for extreme and sharp focus for the full drive.. actually I committed that mistake twice today, the first one when I flew over that ridge to get on the other side and the second time while trying to recover @Mohamed Seidam X and miscalculated the power I need to give to get it out resulting in having both our cars with a stretched recovery rope in the middle.. thankfully I had the D-Shackle which saved the rope from being sacrificed... 

so as you correctly said, we all go into the desert with a clear understanding of the associated risks and we keep building our skills to continue avoid these unfortunate events from happening.

as @Ale Vallecchi said it goes to the first thing we are all told and keep reminded of every time, no matter how good the driver is or mighty and powerful the car is, gravity always wins!

finally, today was another heartwarming testimony for @Carnity ethics and values exemplified in how the recovery was orchestrated by@Ale Vallecchi and executed by everyone teaming together not sparing any effort or tool leading to safe and zero-damage recovery of the car.. wonderful team work... thanks all.

Did you get your door fixed @Islam Soliman was it just the impact from your attempt to fly?

• Like (+1) 1

I had no doubt at all of @Ilya Golubinsky excellence in driving nor @Carnity spirit . And I agree with @Islam Soliman for the requirement of full concentration regardless of the drive pace. 
At the moment when I sow the car position all what I hoped came true and grateful that in the first place they were safe. 
I have to say that the whole team bonded in smooth calm action directed by @Ale Vallecchi professionally. 

special and sincere words of thank you goes to @Islam Soliman @Foxtrot Oscar @Ahab Shamaa@MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ @Ashok chaturvedi and all the hands who “kept the Ropes held tight “ 

the issue resolved taking only a side mirror with it and kept the spirit moving till the end of the drive and a take away message to all of us. We can navigate it , utilize it , go along with it but NEVER go against it that is the force of nature ( Gravity )

wish you all nice week and see you soon 

cheers 👍🌷🙏

pictures in gallery and relive below 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Well Done (+2) 1

56 minutes ago, Foxtrot Oscar said:

Did you get your door fixed @Islam Soliman was it just the impact from your attempt to fly?

Yes.. just a small readjustment for the door brackets .. thank you 😊 

next time will have to borrow a Red Bull from you @Foxtrot Oscar

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use