•  
Advertise here

Cavalier 05 head gasket replacement

hi guys,

i own an old 05 chev cavalier which was passed down from my dad and have done most of the minor repairs myself whenever it required some. The car seems to be from the stonage but i kept it a point to keep it running and handy. I am trying to get around how to replace/repair the chevy cavalier head gasket and when i searched online it seemed like a tedious task. Is it really?

Make sure your car is cooled down. Access battery terminal and detach the negative cable. Empty your coolant system below the radiator petcock. You need to place something under the cavalier in the area you will be working at. I usually use a wooden block and a cushion underneath it. Detach all the top component of the engine. Loosen engine hoses. Disconnect the electrical connections. When i did this the first time I forgot what goes where since there are various kinds of components and connections. Had to get someone to help me put it all back together. since you are doing this the first time, either note what goes where or label the stuff so that you don't forget. Anyways, back to business. loosen cylinder head bolts in reverse. You will access the head gasket after you remove the cylinder head. Take a torque wrench and tighten new bolts for the cylinder head after you have replaced the new head gasket and make sure you go back from where you came from all the way to the top.