•  

ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 26 Mar 2021

Wrangeld

Hi @Wrangeld, thanks for the warm welcome :) 

My answers are very simple :

• Vehicle (and if modified in any way): 2019 New Discovery, black, no modifications  (even no tools like deflator - I will buy all the staff tomorrow from ACE. One question: do we need radio? If yes, is it something standard or is there a specific model?
  •  
  • Experience off road (if any) : Completely newbie.. All my desert experience is barbecuing (thanks to @Mehmet Volga :)
  •  
  • What it is that you want to be able to do with your off road car (e.g. climb moreeb, go on family picnics, a bit if fun and excitement): Picnics (did I mention barbecue?) and lots of fun 

Looking forward to be learning with you guys!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

On 3/22/2021 at 5:05 PM, Wrangeld said:

@Batuhan Kulac Thanks for signing up for the Absolute Newbie drive. I understand from the conversations on the site that you have a lot of experience off road already - and it looks like you drive a G63. 

Please come ready with flag and (due to your experience) preprogrammed radio. We can have a chat face to face about the self certification process. Thanks for your understanding over the Carnity rules as far as all new drivers are concerned. 

See you Friday. 

@Mohamed Madani thanks for signing up for the drive on Friday. I see you are driving a Range Rover. Please let me know if this has low or high profile tires and/or additional air dams that might cause problems for clearance in the in sand. All spoilers and dams are at risk of damage in the sand if the clearance is too low (low profile tires will be a cause of this for instance). 

Otherwise, looking forward to your joining the drive on Friday. We have a nice group already and it should be a fun morning.  

You got it! See you soon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@Rjducos thanks for signing up for your first Carnity drive. Looking forward to meeting you on Friday morning. 

So we get a better understanding of your expertise can you please let us know the following: 

• Vehicle - I see you have a F150 Lariat; Does the vehicle have any modifications? On the Lariat, there are some quite low air dams fitted sometimes at the front that can impact the clearance of the vehicle on the dunes. If you are in any wat concerned about these its a good idea to remove them before venturing out. 
  • Experience: You say you have been out a few times before, great. Can you give a few more details? Were these desert drives or picnics or overlanding? 
  • How does success look to you?  We all come to the desert for our own reasons. It would be good to know what it is that you want out of your off road experience and in particular why you signed up to join the club. As you'll see, we love to empower people to take their own (unmodified) vehicles off road for what ever reason - but it's good to know what you see as the 'end game' here is anything. 

I am looking forward to seeing you Friday morning. There's a great group of different experience levels coming on the drive, so it should be fun. 

See you soon in the sand. 

10 hours ago, Roda Kum said:

Hi @Wrangeld, thanks for the warm welcome :) 

My answers are very simple :

• Vehicle (and if modified in any way): 2019 New Discovery, black, no modifications  (even no tools like deflator - I will buy all the staff tomorrow from ACE. One question: do we need radio? If yes, is it something standard or is there a specific model?
  •  
  • Experience off road (if any) : Completely newbie.. All my desert experience is barbecuing (thanks to @Mehmet Volga :)
  •  
  • What it is that you want to be able to do with your off road car (e.g. climb moreeb, go on family picnics, a bit if fun and excitement): Picnics (did I mention barbecue?) and lots of fun 

Looking forward to be learning with you guys!

There could be no better introduction to the sand than through @Mehmet Volga (although I will need to get him to explain how I never yet got that BBQ invitation - must be in my spam!). 

Radio - not needed on the first drive. I have spare (sanitized) radios that we will loan to the convoy so you don't need to get one until you know that off road is for you. 

See you soon in the sand (for that BBQ you promised me :-) )

• Haha (+1) 4

Hi @Wrangeld, thanks for your welcome email. I will answer your questions below:

Vehicle: So far it doesn't have any modifications, about the vent dams, it its true, there are low, but so far I didn't have any issues, anyway I am planning to do some small modifications soon (change the front bumper and do the Level kit), is it a good idea?

Experience: I have been off road multiple times mostly desert drives also many BBQs, but never had proper tuition/ instructions from experts, looking forward to learn from you guys.

Regarding the last question, I love outdoors adventures, for me a success will be just to enjoy a day out in the desert and a the same time become an experience driver.

Looking forward to meet you all

Rodolfo

• Like (+1) 2

@Wrangeld ; the problem with @Roda Kum is that he wants to have bbq everywhere in the desert but can't go longer than 5 m on the sand. Then he has to share half of his meat and drinks with the rescue guys to pay for recovery! That's why I suggested him to join Carnity to save his bbg viands.

41 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

There could be no better introduction to the sand than through @Mehmet Volga (although I will need to get him to explain how I never yet got that BBQ invitation - must be in my spam!). 

I was waiting for @Roda Kum to get some off-road skills before invite you in. His BBQ level is not like his off-road level so we can utilize this opportunity to get repaid :D 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 3

Hello @Wrangeld I hope you are well. I am installing tow hooks for the front since some time but they are still being fabricated for the G-class. The rear is no issue so hope I will still be permitted to drive. Sorry for the inconvenience. The g-class is supposed to have them stock but since i didnt need them yet I had not noticed they were mysteriously missing... I am going to my guy tomorrow to remove the skid plate and see if they are being covered up.

Edited by Batuhan Kulac
  • Like (+1) 2

@Shereen Shaaban great to see you have signed up for our Absolute Newbie drive. As with everyone else, can you please tell us: 

• Vehicle: Modified in any way
  • Experience: what have you done before if anything
  • How does success look?: What do you want achieve from your experience in the sand.

See you soon in the sand. 

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Wrangeld

I have been with Carnity drives for a few weeks now with my wife, who is in the Newbie level.  We using the same car, so the car was checked for the required ground clearance and tow points accessibility.  We are driving a 2 door Jeep Wrangler 2009.  So far, I have a minimal dune bashing experience and has been assisting as the co-pilot and handling the radio part.  It will be fun to be on the driver seat on Friday :)

Looking forward to the seeing sunrise from the Moreeb dunes :)

• Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, Yawa said:

Hi @Wrangeld

I have been with Carnity drives for a few weeks now with my wife, who is in the Newbie level.  We using the same car, so the car was checked for the required ground clearance and tow points accessibility.  We are driving a 2 door Jeep Wrangler 2009.  So far, I have a minimal dune bashing experience and has been assisting as the co-pilot and handling the radio part.  It will be fun to be on the driver seat on Friday :)

Looking forward to the seeing sunrise from the Moreeb dunes :)

Yawa, that's fantastic. I started my 4x4 career sharing the car with my wife as well, so I have seen the passenger seat - and believe me, it's a brilliant learning experience. You will find that once you are in the driving seat, all that you learned as co-pilot will be invaluable. 

I think I had the pleasure of you both on one of my drives (Lisali) so I know that your radio skills are already well practiced. 

Looking forward to seeing you on Friday. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

Yawa, that's fantastic. I started my 4x4 career sharing the car with my wife as well, so I have seen the passenger seat - and believe me, it's a brilliant learning experience. You will find that once you are in the driving seat, all that you learned as co-pilot will be invaluable. 

I think I had the pleasure of you both on one of my drives (Lisali) so I know that your radio skills are already well practiced. 

Looking forward to seeing you on Friday. 

@Wrangeld Indeed, we met 2 weeks ago at Lisali..it was a wonderful drive and experience.  Looking forward to the absolute newbie drive on Friday 😊

• Like (+1) 3

Important Information

Terms of use