•  

COVID19 compliant - Saturday Afternoon - Fewbie Plus Desert drive - Nazwa to Big Red via Pink Rock - 27 Mar 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

Thanks @Foxtrot Oscar for the lovely drive... The bowls were simply awesome... 

Enjoyed every bit of drive with the team . I guess the machines were no match to teams enthusiasm n skills - we had our share of minor niggles over radio and had to let go the Pajero, TJ and Patrol. @armaan @Lucky sAm and @asifkhope you guys could or would get it fixed for next drive, looking forward to see you back in action.

Thanks to @Ahab Shamaa for cracking the code to Camel Rock and to @AlexPol and @Islam Soliman for keeping the convoy togather through the labyrinth of bowls...

I experienced and truly enjoyed  the awesome aura of Raptor and HEMI, both have mastered the art of seduction..😀 - a bit of distance and they were the energy  boosters and everytime  I tried venturing into the inner circle the heat was a bit too much for even my Jeepto handle, leading to couple of refusals. Lesson learnt - some things are better cherished with eyes only. @Shehab Alawadhi @Paul ZeitounZe

Was my first drive with @Ashok chaturvedi was fun meeting you hope to catch up again once you are back from India.

Thanks guys for the nice evening, looking forward to drive with all again soon.

Edited by varunmehndiratta
  • Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Foxtrot Oscar   @Ahab Shamaa

@AlexPol @Islam Soliman

Great drive today led by Angela, my 1st Fewbie Plus drive and I felt suitably challenged on some awesome dunes. Thanks Ahab for a bit of guidance at times and the team for keeping it all safe.

Cracking drive Foxtrot thoroughly enjoyed it 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Foxtrot Oscar thanks as always for an awesome drive today.. I am been in the near same area before but the wind swept dunes keep changing and some sections become a bit of challenge. We reached the pink rock and I for the first time saw an ancient almost man made stone wall near 500 mts long protruding in the sand and could be longer below. Would love to go back and take some fotos of this wall.. there were plenty of volcanic rocks and fossilised magma scattered around. The area appeared a fotographer paradise in the ignorance of Covid scare and foto shoots were happening  and plenty of tourist on dune buggies.. we did have some stucks and retrieval. I enjoyed watching the white pajero @asifk near perched on a crest retrieve itself thanks to Angela talking him through.. what best lesson for all of us is never to panic and be calm rather not digging oneself @asifk we'll done. @Ahab Shamaa  my dear friend always comes in play when needed. @Islam Soliman was doing the sweep and couple of times missed the tracks but a great comfort to have him behind us. My FJ actual floats  and has from the day I brought it into the desert  has never let me down. We did have some sort of  radio trouble and the frequency was changed from 3 to 4 by Angela, my radio also behaved strangling. It was like holding a baby put it down and the squelch screams but hold it in hand it will stop.  I am off on a 3 weeks break to India and shall miss the drives very much.. specially the anxious wait every Sunday for 7pm to press the button. Final here I do find myself under used by some trip leads.... regardless I enjoy all/any position in the convoy. 

• Like (+1) 5

@Foxtrot Oscar first thank you for the amazing drive, I really love Badayir/nazwa area the dunes that just flow into on another that don't need much power just momentum. I had 1 refusal where I was stopped in a bad place but by the time I announced it I was already out. I will always admit when I'm wrong or when I messed up, no shame in that. 

Yes ill do my best to buy my lady a wrangler and get her to join Carnity 🤣

Thank you @Foxtrot Oscar for being a fun and amazing lead, @Ahab Shamaa love the car first of all and great job being second lead, @Islam Soliman as usual amazing sweep didn't leave anyone behind 🤣.

@varunmehndiratta pickup are different in the desert, not many people expect such a large car to be twisting and turning in these types of dunes and when you see one its basically like seeing a flying whale (that is a reference to a heavy metal song by Gojira, @Paul Zeitoun check out the song ;) Flying Whales - Gojira) hopefully the track wasn't too destroyed for you and I'm glad you enjoyed the show the two giants in the convoy were putting on! 

See you all in the next one and thank you for not making us shovel in the heat I'm so happy everyone dealt with their refusals/stucks by themselves!

Edited by Shehab Alawadhi
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

I always love @Foxtrot Oscar's drives. Unfortunately I had to leave due to an emergency. Will see you all soon in the sands. 

• Like (+1) 2

Hahahaa, so it seems this one is a "reporting" drive 😂😂😂. My turn then.

@Foxtrot Oscar Definitely one of the most amazing drives i've been in, the adrenalin rush didn't stop. Makes me eager to join one of your drives again.

And just to get you to recognize the voice and the craziness, i was the one who brought up Madmax. I guess added some burning metal to the spice of the beats that were being discussed during the drives @Shehab Alawadhi, @Ahab Shamaa

It was sad to see @Arman, @Lucky sAm and @asifk leave us, hope your issues are easily sorted guys.

@varunmehndirattaThe 3T weight of the green whale did try to take me off course on a few interconnecting bowls, and it was difficult to launch it on soft sand a couple of times,  but this is where the Hemi power comes to rescue. I really enjoyed every bit.

@Ahab Shamaa, @AlexPol, @Islam Soliman, thank you for the support and for ensuring we all were safe in a tricky environment. You were so prompt to jump to the rescue every time you sensed someone in need.

@Shehab Alawadhi, you are totally right, this is the best area to enjoy our whales, though some surprise dips and bumps do hurt. Always a pleasure driving with you bro.

Enjoy your week all, and till next time

• Like (+1) 5
  • Well Done (+2) 1

True @Paul Zeitoun and @Shehab Alawadhi... It was first time for me to.witness the sheer swag of these two vehicles.... On many occasions through the drive I was absolutely sure that one of you are having a refusal, but then you guys just pulled it through out of no where.... These are super awesome machines and you guys rock them with style.

• Like (+1) 7

Important Information

Terms of use