•  

COVID19 compliant - Saturday Afternoon - Fewbie Plus Desert drive - Nazwa to Big Red via Pink Rock - 27 Mar 2021

Foxtrot Oscar

So since I just started using Gaia, I guess I’m going to start posting the trip after every drive. 
If anyone has any tips and tricks to using this app let me know please!!

A7031D94-6D5D-4C16-97AF-8DB67477FCDC.png

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Shehab Alawadhi said:

So since I just started using Gaia, I guess I’m going to start posting the trip after every drive. 
If anyone has any tips and tricks to using this app let me know please!!

A7031D94-6D5D-4C16-97AF-8DB67477FCDC.png

Add to that fuel consumption profile, so far all the drives took me to an average of 30-35 liters/100km, yesterday's drives did a record 54liters/100km 🤣🤣🤣

• Like (+1) 2
  • WOW (+2) 1

Just now, Paul Zeitoun said:

Add to that fuel consumption profile, so far all the drives took me to an average of 30-35 liters/100km, yesterday's drives did a record 54liters/100km 🤣🤣🤣

I came with a full tank (about 85 liters) and left with half so i used around 42.5 having a V8 has its pros and cons our cars are really thirsty cars. 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Totally Agree (+2) 2

Thanks Angela @Foxtrot Oscar for an amazing drive. You're always pushing the envelope a little bit while ensuring everyone is safe and that makes for a great adrenaline rush. I enjoyed this location which I hadn't done before, but with the weather heating up the pajero continued to disappoint with the transmission coolant temperature. I have to admit I too was feeling a little worse for the wear by the 2 hour point of the drive, and therefore thought it safest to exit. 

The recovery while crested was a new one for me - thanks for the compliments @Ashok chaturvedibut I wouldn't have done it without @Foxtrot Oscar talking me through it. Definitely felt quite good to recover from that position without having to get out of the car :-)

See you all soon on the sand ! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

1 hour ago, asifk said:

Thanks Angela @Foxtrot Oscar for an amazing drive. You're always pushing the envelope a little bit while ensuring everyone is safe and that makes for a great adrenaline rush. I enjoyed this location which I hadn't done before, but with the weather heating up the pajero continued to disappoint with the transmission coolant temperature. I have to admit I too was feeling a little worse for the wear by the 2 hour point of the drive, and therefore thought it safest to exit. 

The recovery while crested was a new one for me - thanks for the compliments @Ashok chaturvedibut I wouldn't have done it without @Foxtrot Oscar talking me through it. Definitely felt quite good to recover from that position without having to get out of the car :-)

See you all soon on the sand ! 

That's very kind of you to say so, but the credit is all yours.. I know you had doubts with what I suggested, but it didn't deter you, you listened and gave it a go. It was great to see it work, Well done again. 

Also thank you for the honesty, I've left drives when I've not been 100%, It is absolutely the best policy, we need to make sure that it's not just our cars that are desert fit. It can lead to all sorts of issues.

Looking forward to seeing you out there again soon :) 

• Like (+1) 4

You guys did such an amazing job documenting this fantastic drive, there is not much else to say 😀

@Arman, it was unfortunate that you had to exit, but from the bit that we drove together, I can tell you’re an excellent driver with good command of your car.
@Matt.T you handled the dunes beautifully even with a passenger to distract you 🤣 Seriously though, great driving. @Lucky sAm, sorry you had to exit the drive as well. You were not so lucky this time. I hope nothing serious with the car 🙏🏻
@AlexPol, always great seeing you and your gorgeous Jeep 😍 Thank you for keeping the convoy safe and moving. Also, a big thank you for teaching me how to adjust my suspension 😀

@Paul Zeitoun, great command of the Ram and great maneuvers when crossing over crests; keep it up 💪🏻
@Shehab Alawadhi, I was very pleased to see you slow your roll a bit on this drive 😀 You’re starting to get a better feel for your beast and to respect gravity a lot more. Way to go 👏🏻
@varunmehndiratta, your driving has improved tremendously since our last drive with Sri 😀 You build up more momentum now, and execute maneuvers much more precisely; bravo!

@asifk, sorry you had to exit so early. Great self recovery on the crest. Yes, @Foxtrot Oscar, gave you great instructions, but your cool headedness, calm attitude and following instructions are what got you unstuck. 
Captain Ashok @Ashok chaturvedi, great command of the yellow Kaizen 💪🏻 Your driving skills are shining through, now that you have a more capable car 😀 Enjoy your vacation and see you soon!

@Islam Soliman, good driving with you again and great job keeping it all safe, tidy and moving at the back! 

Last but not least, Angela @Foxtrot Oscar, thank you for a fantastic drive 😘 I know you put in a lot of work and effort to plan your drives so that they’re challenging with nice scenery. Well, if it’s any comfort, your hard work shows on your drives 😀 This is not to mention your great, positive attitude that rubs off on all the convoy making the drive funner and more lively. 

Thank you all for a wonderful drive, and see you all on the sand real soon 😀

• Like (+1) 5
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use