•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Nazwa to Big Red - Sharjah - 26 Mar 2021

Emmanuel

12 hours ago, Desert Dweller said:

Welcome to the club!

People are free to take pictures and videos, as long as they do not involve gatherings or are of others without their consent I guess. I used to use a GoPro fixed somewhere on the car, so that's an option as well. After the drive, a gallery will be available for everyone to share their photos and videos.

I am sorry I don't have GoPro.. Guys if any body has it would be great to bring it and we could fix it in the last Car. Later I can get the video edited in smaller clips. When it comes to the specific Dunes where we do it individual we can record and share....Just to capture some funny and memorable moments.

• Like (+1) 3

5 hours ago, yunus Kazi said:

I am sorry I don't have GoPro.. Guys if any body has it would be great to bring it and we could fix it in the last Car. Later I can get the video edited in smaller clips. When it comes to the specific Dunes where we do it individual we can record and share....Just to capture some funny and memorable moments.

I'll probably be the last car so do not worry re photos and videos of the drive. I enjoy documenting it and offering drivers the chance to see their cars in action 😉
If @Foxtrot Oscar lends me her GoPro again (which I'll never give back 😝), then I can set it up as well.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1

9 hours ago, yunus Kazi said:

I have a GoPro and usually bring it with me, later i upload the video to You tube due to size restrictions on Carnity gallery.
Happy to be the second last car @Emmanuel or last car even and capture the whole trip, i have spare batteries to cover the whole trip.

Edited by Ehunaiti
  • Like (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Ehunaiti said:

I have a GoPro and usually bring it with me, later i upload the video to You tube due to size restrictions on Carnity gallery.
Happy to be the second last car @Emmanuel or last car even and capture the whole trip, i have spare batteries to cover the whole trip.

I said it first so back off 😁

Seriously now, allocating a position in the convoy depends on a number of factors, and having a GoOro is definitely not one of them 😉. Especially the sweep (last car in the convoy) which needs to be a bit more experienced driver as he/she has several duties such as keeping an eye on the whole convoy and supervising recoveries of the second half of the convoy after the CF position (Center Forward).

What I mean by this is that it is not always possible to accommodate such requests for the aforementioned reasons. I hope you understand what I’m trying to say.

• Totally Agree (+2) 5

RSVP is now closed.

@JeromeFJ@yunus Kazi, @BipinM, @Adhir Saxena, @Ammar Naji, @Brette, @Antony Calvin, @Sai Baskaran, @Kenneth Bollhardt, @I.M. Shousha, @Ehunaiti, @Desert Dweller, @Chris Wing

Happy to see you all tomorrow morning at 6 (sharp).

We will be using Carnity Radio Channel 2 (446.031.25). Please don’t forget to set up your radio before the drive. 

Here is our convoy numbering: 

1. Emmanuel (white Xterra) - lead

2. JeromeFJ (white FJ) - 2nd lead

3. yunus Kazi (Pathfinder)

4. Chris Wing (FJ)

5.  Adhir Saxena (Pajero)

6. Ammar Naji (Expedition) Fwb

7. Brette (black Grand Cherokee) - Marshal - CF

8. Sai Baskaran (Pajero)

9. Kenneth Bollhardt (white Prado) 

10. I.M.Shousha (Wrangler) Fwb

11. Ehunaiti (red Wrangler) 

12. Desert Dweller (red Wrangler) - advance - Sweep

• Like (+1) 3

Thank you @Emmanuel for the guidance through the dunes this morning.  Very scenic drive ! And thanks to  @Desert Dweller for the support!

See you in a next drive 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

For my second drive with Carnity it was awesome! Still a lot to learn but I'm happy about the pace and progressive skill honing drives we do; builds our confidence nicely. Carnity is now my recurring Friday event :) thanks to @Emmanuel for leading us and hopefully I'll get to meet all those who participated in future drives. And thanks @Desert Dweller , I got a couple of refusals but it's all learning experiences :) also @JeromeFJ will be leading soon I'm sure :P 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Important Information

Terms of use