•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Newbie Desert Drive - Qudra South - Dubai - 26 Mar 2021

Vanessa8580

Thank you Vanessa and Islam, I had a fantastic day and the first 'clean' round of my career😂. The Gajero was flawless with her new bashplates and 2 inch lift kit (thanks Icon) now if only I could get better than 44 litres per 100 km life would be good...

Lovely to meet my new offroad buddies Gautam and Tim, Gautam driving the family Pajero was perfect for me to follow (anywhere the big bus could go, the little Gajero could follow) and I raised many a smile watching Tim plow the sand with his 300 thousand dirham shovel (at one stage I saw the nose wings go deep and I thought he was going to have to switch off his vibrating, massaging, leather captain chair THAT'S VENTILATED and concentrate!)

Great day and looking forward to the next one already🤙

DF8FC2F6-AC77-4AB6-944A-9C867D7C6501.JPG

Edited by Warren Flay
EDITED FOR ACCURACY LOL
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

Beautiful drive @Vanessa8580 thanks for leading us. @Arman great job on being the second lead hopefully you can drive the beast f150 next time.  Great to meet @Warren Flay and tim. Thanks for the great support morale and Tim I am glad the cruiser tasted the sand today :)

Warren the garage I was talkin about was radical in ras al Khor/

have a good weekend guys see you around next time. 

6C2D647A-B2BD-419F-A4B3-9F79283F1942.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

@Vanessa8580 and the leads thank you for your unfailing energy and for a super drive this morning!

@Warren Flay I hope my missus doesn’t see your post😂 but I can certain say it was a totally different experience in the LC today when compared to my manual Wrangler.
P.s. you forgot “ventilated” on the seats 😅

@Gautamaialni @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil and everyone else on the drive - very nice to see / meet you all... And I found the radio banter most amusing this morning 😜

Till next time - stay safe and have a fab weekend 👍

6F66B998-27B8-4AE2-BF3C-765EBB0F7759.jpeg

24B1D5AE-AD4E-4A97-BB56-FA4D7B04A63B.jpeg

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Vanessa8580 and @Islam Soliman for the ride, the patience and the good advice. I learned a few more tricks (especially after being stuck in the pocket :)

Also, super cool convoy - had some good laughs on the way ^^

I will add some pictures to the gallery. @Shehab Alawadhi I'll send you the link to the videos as you pretty much feature in all of them (and you'll probably hear some french on them ...)

@Rawad Bahsas would love to get some of your GoPro footage too :)

Have a lovely weekend and see you soon !

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Thank you @Vanessa8580, and @Islam Soliman for the wonderful morning

Here is the link to the GoPro video files staring @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil 😂😂

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1g2TbTT3t-na_6TzZEnrnYPWMtvPjE8cm

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

Great drive, very impressed with everyone in the drive, few stuck and refusals but other than that very avid drivers! (I never doubted anyone, don’t get me wrong) 

Thank you @Vanessa8580 for being a great lead as usual, @Arman for being a great second lead, and @Islam Soliman for being a great sweep.

Learned a lot about getting out of tight situations like what happened with @Alain Canivet-Abikhalil, (That was a very nasty way to get stuck). But I hope you learned a lot of gas control and how to “play” with your steering to displace sand.

Other than that great drive. Hope I didn’t let anyone down as CF and could help as much as possible. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

Hi @Vanessa8580 I had to drop out of drive last minute due to personal reasons. I had to attend to some urgent matter which took all of my attention. Hope I get to join the drive with your lead soon. 

• Sad (0) 1

Important Information

Terms of use