•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Al Aweer to Mahafiz: Ridge Riding Bonanza - Sharjah - 26 Mar 2021

Ale Vallecchi

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi. I will bow out this time as I’m getting the vaccine the previous day and not sure I’ll be up for this drive the next day. I signed up for a Sat afternoon drive instead. Hopefully next week ! Enjoy and drive safe. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/22/2021 at 11:16 AM, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hello @sheri. You will be #2 on the WL. Thanks

Hello @Antony Calvin. You are #3 on the WL. Thanks 

Hello @sheri. If you are still interested in this drive, I have an open spot for you. Please confirm. Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

Kalli walli enjoying the week. The real enjoyment is on Friday morning with you @Ale Vallecchi. I'm excited and ready. The description makes me feel I'm Tom Sawyer and @Ale Vallecchi is Mark Twain. I wonder who will be Huckleberry Finn. 🤪 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Dear Desertnauts,

here is a small taste of this Friday's drive.

First of all, it will be another "premier" drive for Carnity. The itinerary is a mix of two tracks, first from Al Aweer to S149, then, after crossing the tarmac, from the eastern outskirts of Lahbab (where the first segment ends) to the Mahafiz Mosque. Both tracks have been tested once, the first half during an Advisors' recce drive, the second part with a week-day drive convoy. Even this second segment will partly be on an unexplored track, that will first point south-west toward Nazwa, then will revert to the east, in the direction of Mahafiz.

The terrain is mostly of very long range dunes, with large humpback ridges, which at times become sharper, but always showing two degrees of difficulty: first, there are bushes and small trees on most of their slopes, which may force early exits, and second, they tend to be meandering, rather then being straight, forcing the driver to follow their curves, and manage to stay on the ridge while steering and controlling the car's progression with a steady momentum.

The first part of the drive will also be across quite a few older tracks, left most likely by locals, who seem to favor this area close to Al Aweer for sunset viewing and picnics. The same seems to be the case for the initial part of the second half of the drive (locals' tracks, slowly disappearing as we drive deeper into the desert.).

Given the novelty of the itinerary, and some degree of difficulty of the ridges we'll be looking to ride. this time more than ever, be sure to come as fresh and concentrated as possible, and ready to experience some adjustments to the route.

In the meantime, @Hossam Anwar, @Ahmad Shaker, @Niki Patel, @Ranjan Das, @Trekado, @MUHAMMAD Kashif RAZZAQ, @Thomas Varghese, @Mario Cornejo, @soumyasaklani, enjoy your week. 

Thanks @Ale Vallecchi for sharing the above highlights in advance - looking forward to this drive with you & everyone else. 

• Like (+1) 2

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, I have to sign out of the drive. My car is showing some excessive engine heating issue. The mechanic told me he can get it right and hand over the car on Thursday but I don't want to deny a chance to some body else. Kindly sign me out of the drive. 

• Sad (0) 1

2 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

Hi @Ale Vallecchi, I have to sign out of the drive. My car is showing some excessive engine heating issue. The mechanic told me he can get it right and hand over the car on Thursday but I don't want to deny a chance to some body else. Kindly sign me out of the drive. 

Sorry to hear that @Thomas Varghese. I hope your car gets better soon. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Ale Vallecchi said:

Hello @sheri. If you are still interested in this drive, I have an open spot for you. Please confirm. Thanks

Hello @Antony Calvin. I have one spot also for you in the drive. Can you please confirm? Thanks

• Like (+1) 1

@Ale Vallecchi please waitlist me for the drive as my car will come out tomorrow evening. Thermostat valve was clogged. Have given for complete servicing of the cooling system.

10 hours ago, Thomas Varghese said:

@Ale Vallecchi please waitlist me for the drive as my car will come out tomorrow evening. Thermostat valve was clogged. Have given for complete servicing of the cooling system.

Copy that @Thomas Varghese. You will now be #2 on the WL. Thanks a lot.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use