•  

COVID19 Compliant - Afternoon Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisaili to Margham - 26 Mar 2021

Jeepie

Pos # Pos # Attendees Level Car
1 Lead Mehmet Volga Advance Mitsubishi Pajero LWB
2 SL Jeepie Expert Jeep Wrangler
3   Larry Cadden Fewbie 2015 Jeep Wrangler 2 door black
4   Lawrence_Chehimi Fewbie 2019 Nissan Patro - Y62 Platinum City - White
5   Arshad Roojee Fewbie Jeep Wrangler SWB
6   Stavros papachristos Fewbie 2017 Jeep wrangler sport
7   Serafino Fewbie Jeep Wrangler LWB
8 CF Danish Mohammed Fewbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB
9   Pacific Fewbie Jeep Wrangler SWB
10   RajeshKumar Rathod Fewbie Nissan Xterra
11   TopGear Fewbie Toyota FJ Cruiser
12   Ali Abas Fewbie Toyota Land Cruiser White
13   Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader Fewbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB
14   Antoz Fewbie Toyota Prado 2015
15 SW Wrangeld Marshal Mitsubishi Pajero SWB

@Mehmet Volga @Larry Cadden @Lawrence_Chehimi @Arshad Roojee @stavros papachristos @Serafino @Danish Mohammad @Pacific @rajeshkumar rathod @topgear @Ali Abas @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader @Antoz @Wrangeld

Decided to extend the convoy a little to accommodate everyone on the waitlist since we have some extra support as well.

Mehmet will be leading (part of) the drive as part of his  training to become a leader with Carnity

We will be using channel 1

Hope to see  you all tomorrow

• Like (+1) 5

9 minutes ago, stavros papachristos said:

@Jeepie good morning unfo since the waiting list was quite long i confirmed the morning drive. Apologies for any inconvenience 

Okay,  thanks for letting me know 

@Jeepie, @Mehmet Volga,thank you for the drive and sorry that I had to exit early.

The terrain was challenging and the sand was very soft, in which the convoy had multiple refusals starting with a very early one by me 😃 thanks to the help from the guys digging the sand out of my tires and the instructions from Richard @Wrangeld I was out in few minutes.

Couple of Hours later my kids got bored and started nagging in the back, and with unfortunate water hose burst on @rajeshkumar rathod car, he had to exit out, so I decided to end my drive as well since I didn't want to loose concentration driving. Sorry again for the early exit, Kids will remain kids at the end of the day...

@rajeshkumar rathod, hope that the recovery vehicle didn't take much time to reach you, hope it is just a simple fix on the car.

• Like (+1) 4

Thank you @Jeepie @Mehmet Volga and @Wrangeld for great drive. Refusal are part of the game. Unfortunate for @rajeshkumar rathod hope all went good. 

Special thanks @Wrangeld for tip of not going tip off, that hold me back to my conscious ,really that helped a lot.

Have great days ahead all.

• Like (+1) 5

Thank you @Jeepie and @Mehmet Volgafor the amazing lead 👏 

It was surely challenging at the back with some soft churned up sand but having @Wrangeld at sweep position was definitely boosting my confidence. Summer seems to be playing its part now and opening a new phase of learning in the chapter of sand for us 🤞.

Thank you @Danish Mohammad for managing CF for the first time, you should only get better and better from here 👍

Thank you everyone else in today's convoy, see you soon in the sand InshaAllah 😊

Edited by Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader
  • Like (+1) 6

@Mehmet Volga @Larry Cadden @Lawrence_Chehimi @Arshad Roojee  @Serafino @Danish Mohammad @Pacific @rajeshkumar rathod @topgear @Ali Abas @Abdul Rahman Abdul Kader @Antoz @Wrangeld     

It is getting hot!

And I must admit after a morning drive with quite a lot of digging, I was a bit tired, but Mehmet took the lead and he did really well.

Finding your way and making sure the level of the drive is right and keeping a nice pace isn't easy. We had to redirect a little when we were getting too close to the high pressure gas line, but Mehmet coped really well. A little right and left going around it, and back on track we were. With the playable dunes in sight, we had to exit the X terra and two more cars left us due to bored children or busy timetables. The rest of us reentered and we were off to have some fun. After playing a little, I decided to give Mehmet the lead again, as I felt he should have some fun with all of us following as well. I hope you all enjoyed this little desert dessert .There were some refusals and stucks but nothing out of the ordinary.

Being second lead and keeping an eye on Mehmet, means I didn't take a lot of pictures, but I posted a few

Looking forward to more drives with Mehmet in the lead

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 3

The temperature was around 37 deg cel and it was certainly warmer than the last afternoon drive that I had the week before. Nevertheless, it was still a great drive and learnt something new again. The terrain and challenges were mixed and it was great. The entire convoy was helpful and managed to deal with all the challenges. I enjoyed following your tracks and did not encounter any major stuck @rajeshkumar rathod, I hope your car is sorted soon. Thanks to @Mehmet Volga and @Jeepie for leading the convoy and the dessert at the end.  Special thanks to @Wrangeld for giving me the tug when I got crested and for the radio guidance when I had a couple more refusals towards the end. Hope to see you all soon! I have shared some photos too. 

• Like (+1) 5

Important Information

Terms of use