•  

Type Of Floor Jack For Lifted Cars?

Looking into buying a hydraulic jack and came across this forum. 

Does it have to be a Low Profile? 

Do you think this popular one is suitable? 

BIG RED T82012 Torin Hydraulic Trolley Service/Floor Jack with Blow Mold Carrying Storage Case, 2 Ton (4,000 lb) Capacity, Red: Buy Online at Best Price in UAE - Amazon.ae

There is a 12V electric one as well for around 400 UAE?  Do you think it is worth it? 

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Naim Aoun said:

Looking into buying a hydraulic jack and came across this forum. 

Does it have to be a Low Profile? 

Do you think this popular one is suitable? 

BIG RED T82012 Torin Hydraulic Trolley Service/Floor Jack with Blow Mold Carrying Storage Case, 2 Ton (4,000 lb) Capacity, Red: Buy Online at Best Price in UAE - Amazon.ae

There is a 12V electric one as well for around 400 UAE?  Do you think it is worth it? 

Hi @Naim Aoun

Ideally it should be a low profile, this will help to get it installed underneath the vehicle. The model you posted (big red) would do the job, but if you find a model with a wider footprint that would be even better. JZX has decent models as well.

The 12V electric one is..... question mark and might fail just at the time you need it. I would not go that direction.

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

"Go as far as you can see; once you get there, you'll be able to see further."

For me JZX has an issue of leaking oil. No matter how many times I top up… make sure right screw, keep it upright while in boot.. after about 4 to 5 days, it losses oil and does not hold weight… 

• Like (+1) 2

After long research I ended up buying the bottle jack. Very good saving space, and light weight. Had the electric one @Naim Aoun sometimes was not working when required to, as @Frederic mentioned, for silly reason, the sand was going inside the switches. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Sunil Mathew said:

Jzx 2 ton comes with carry case..i just bought one

@Waqas Parvez

The 3 ton is too big, but has lot of lift height, and no box..were you looking at the 3 ton?

When its time to fix a pop out and if I'm in the convoy its always my 3 ton jack which eases the situation. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1

14 hours ago, Waqas Parvez said:

hi @Frederic i went to jzx yesterday the biggest problem was it does not come with a carry case,do you any other reliable ones with the carry case?

For my 2.5 ton jack I use a long tool bag from Speedx and it fits perfectly. 

Edited by Looper
  • Like (+1) 2

don't drive like its your last one.

On 8/19/2022 at 7:19 PM, GauravSoni said:

keep it upright while in boot.

That’s true and it’s recommended in the leaflet to keep it position it as such otherwise it will leak sooner or later 

• Like (+1) 2

Important Information

Terms of use