•  
Advertise here

Don't Jump!

Zed

Thanks to @Hasan Wahlan, I found the trick to getting LandCruiser to climb up with power & ease is to shift it manually to L (in 4-High of course). Unfortunately I was too excited with this discovery and fear of getting stuck on the crest triangle made me step on the pedal a bit too much 😂

So my LandCruiser flew, as soon as it touched down @Srikumar bhai asked me to check the radiator. Radiator was ok and we continued... Two days later "clicking" noise started coming from the front-driver side, as seen from this video:

Can you guess what the culprit is?

If you say CV Boot close enough, it did start with the CV Boot leak, but eventually I had to replace the whole front-left axle 😂  No need to buy new one though, new OEM will cost 2000dhs++ , since i may break it again *touch wood, a good second-hand that costs 400dhs is enough for now 😄

BD5E3DA7-36EA-41AE-A690-0FE86792561B.jpeg.3215db256d8f8c46508a2adf8b36203e.jpeg

DBB1DEEE-D1D2-49D9-9093-40E8FC21CB60.jpeg.91ec953294e33a6125c3e4b3ea1840a3.jpeg

• Like (+1) 6

@Zed the sound only came 2 days later, so most probably not from the jump but from the sand getting inside as Barry mentioned. Otherwise you would have heard it immediately if you managed to hit it somehow while landing..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Totally Agree (+2) 3

Thanks @Barry @Lawrence_Chehimi, good analysis, so I can jump again without fear of losing another axle 😂

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

On 3/25/2021 at 9:51 PM, Zed said:

Thanks to @Hasan Wahlan, I found the trick to getting LandCruiser to climb up with power & ease is to shift it manually to L (in 4-High of course). Unfortunately I was too excited with this discovery and fear of getting stuck on the crest triangle made me step on the pedal a bit too much 😂

So my LandCruiser flew, as soon as it touched down @Srikumar bhai asked me to check the radiator. Radiator was ok and we continued... Two days later "clicking" noise started coming from the front-driver side, as seen from this video:

Can you guess what the culprit is?

If you say CV Boot close enough, it did start with the CV Boot leak, but eventually I had to replace the whole front-left axle 😂  No need to buy new one though, new OEM will cost 2000dhs++ , since i may break it again *touch wood, a good second-hand that costs 400dhs is enough for now 😄

BD5E3DA7-36EA-41AE-A690-0FE86792561B.jpeg.3215db256d8f8c46508a2adf8b36203e.jpeg

DBB1DEEE-D1D2-49D9-9093-40E8FC21CB60.jpeg.91ec953294e33a6125c3e4b3ea1840a3.jpeg

The clunk sound is definitely from the axle joint mainly the outer one as its boot cracked letting grease out and drying the joint which makes the sound worse on turning and sand mixed with grease converting it to a cement line adding to the harsh sound. I am not a mechanic but experience from every week self inspection of the under the  car after each trip made me think more deeper into these things. 
regarding jump , I might agree that it doesn’t tear the boot per se however definitely it will stress out the suspension as they absorb the rebound back . And maybe other stuff like radiator ... etc ... so my advise if you intentionally try to attempt a jump keep a red bull can ready open 🤣 as “ 4 wheelers don’t jump “ 😅

Edited by Mohamed Seidam
  • Haha (+1) 5