•  

COVID19 Compliant - Morning Fewbie Desert Drive - Lisaili - Dubai - 2 Apr 2021

Wrangeld

1 hour ago, Thomas Varghese said:

IMG_3096.jpg

@Hardik Mody don't feel sad or embarrassed. This doesn't show you are a poor driver. We are all in the learning process to drive on sand. If we don't encounter these situations how would we learn? Remember Richard @Wrangeld played the part of a good Samaritan to rescue a Patrol which got crested and stuck? We joined the club so that we can learn how not to be in that situation in the middle of a desert. In due course of time after some more drives you will learn the finesse of throttle control which @Rahimdad had been preaching to me about from day 1. Don't feel sad about this picture, instead practice more and more by participating in more drives if you have the time and interest. You could have seen me lot of times in this situation when I joined the club. I believe I drive very well on tarmac. Only once I felt bad about being stuck like this. @Frederic congratulated me that I got myself stuck and was encouraging me by teaching ways how to self recover. You haven't seen me dug deep in soft sand on a drive with Richard   @Wrangeld and he insisted that I self recover by the crawl out method. Apparently it took 15 min then and lot of help in shovelings from @Chaitanya D and @Kailas but taught me a valuable lesson. Today I made use of it very successfully when I almost got stuck from a refusal and could self recover. 

My advise to you is get stuck more and more so that you will learn. 

Edited by Thomas Varghese
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

same shot, same settings except camera metering setting balanced to ZERO. In bright sunlight the camera metering has to be stopped down or sacrifice details in post production.  

IMG_3111.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use