•  
Advertise here

New to sand

Wade Pat2

Welcome @Wadepat2 to your only complete car enthusiast group in the entire Middle East. Yes we do have our off-road club, surely it's to do with cars, right? You loving to work on your car would really help in this part of the world, as we have lot of crooked mechanics around. We are the only Off-road club where you can track your own progress with a structure in place. With the different flavors of our many leads and different terrains on offer here in the UAE you'll find us addictive. Thank goodness there are no institutions yet to get you over this addiction. Hope you enjoy learning and polishing your off-road skills in the UAE dunes with us.

• Like (+1) 4

Hello @Wadepat2 and welcome to Carnity and it’s Offroad club. I wish you a  pleasant start and happy progression as you climb the Offroad ladder in sand driving. See you soon .

• Like (+1) 3

Welcome @Wadepat2 , it seems we have the same LC100:  Black, US-import V8 4.7L 😁

Since I got it on the cheap, I spent some dough "baselining" the car (the 90K miles Toyota recommended routine: timing belt, tensioner, pulley, etc.). First thing to get it desert-ready was replace the stock tyres with Yokohama Geolandar 275/70/R16 (keep it OEM specs so speedometer will be correct to prevent fines from overdriving 😂 ).  Got some windfall, so went crazy and did 2" lift. Well, I still got stuck 😅, so it didn't help except boost confidence level by +10 points. Anyways, welcome fellow LC 100, let me know if you have questions regarding our "iron-block" + "non-interference" V8 engines 😊

166770140_10159366436342996_3410789588075801807_n.jpg.17d7c8dd5021d80311a7db05d08a9929.jpg

• Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Zed said:

Welcome @Wadepat2 , it seems we have the same LC100:  Black, US-import V8 4.7L 😁

Since I got it on the cheap, I spent some dough "baselining" the car (the 90K miles Toyota recommended routine: timing belt, tensioner, pulley, etc.). First thing to get it desert-ready was replace the stock tyres with Yokohama Geolandar 275/70/R16 (keep it OEM specs so speedometer will be correct to prevent fines from overdriving 😂 ).  Got some windfall, so went crazy and did 2" lift. Well, I still got stuck 😅, so it didn't help except boost confidence level by +10 points. Anyways, welcome fellow LC 100, let me know if you have questions regarding our "iron-block" + "non-interference" V8 engines 😊

166770140_10159366436342996_3410789588075801807_n.jpg.17d7c8dd5021d80311a7db05d08a9929.jpg

Good to see another old cruiser here. Mine is GCC spec and I have already spent a small fortune on it just refreshing and replacing things. Guess that's the good side of not buying new, have plenty to spend on parts. :) I could use some advice on front and rear recovery points if you have added some. Looking forward to meeting you and you LC soon.

• Like (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Wadepat2 said:

Good to see another old cruiser here. Mine is GCC spec and I have already spent a small fortune on it just refreshing and replacing things. Guess that's the good side of not buying new, have plenty to spend on parts. :) I could use some advice on front and rear recovery points if you have added some. Looking forward to meeting you and you LC soon.

Ah lucky for you @Wadepat2, I'm stuck with unused features like Heaters. Sometimes I prank my passenger by pressing the heater button so their seats get so hot they think they're sitting on an oven 😁

Here are my front recovery points (2 rated @ 4.75t shackle each) and rear recovery point (Hitch Receiver with D-Ring so it can fit a soft shackle):

FrontRecoveryPoints.jpeg.01e86130e6174a7fec9e3e71e55ed9b9.jpeg

RearRecovery.jpeg.e086fc06f71c2e4f73b9b8dcf286810d.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Zed said:

Ah lucky for you @Wadepat2, I'm stuck with unused features like Heaters. Sometimes I prank my passenger by pressing the heater button so their seats get so hot they think they're sitting on an oven 😁

Here are my front recovery points (2 rated @ 4.75t shackle each) and rear recovery point (Hitch Receiver with D-Ring so it can fit a soft shackle):

FrontRecoveryPoints.jpeg.01e86130e6174a7fec9e3e71e55ed9b9.jpeg

RearRecovery.jpeg.e086fc06f71c2e4f73b9b8dcf286810d.jpeg

Exactly what I was looking for! Please let me know where you got them. 

Yea no rear heat on mine but I do have a center console cooler that doesn't work. Haha

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Wadepat2 said:

Exactly what I was looking for! Please let me know where you got them. 

Yea no rear heat on mine but I do have a center console cooler that doesn't work. Haha

Neat, you got a fridge 😄

I think new rules on this forum is not to recommend any garage, so feel free to WhatsApp me on 056-7242156, and I'll text you back where I got them from and the contact person 😊

• Like (+1) 2