•  
Advertise here

Considering to buy an Armada - Is it a good choice?

Montero Sport while decently good will again tend to struggle. Mind you if someone has already bought these cars then it's perfectly fine to use them in the desert. But you are in a different situation where you are looking to buy a dedicated weekend warrior and in such cases it will be good to get a car that is better built for off-roading.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Srikumar said:

But you are in a different situation where you are looking to buy a dedicated weekend warrior

Thanks Srikumar - Actually I was looking for a dedicated car for me as a daily driver and weekend drives. My intent is to stay away from the LC200 which is predominantly used by the family. 

Montero Sport seem to meet my budgets with relatively less mileage in general. The FJs and Y61 (my desired) at my budgets are being too hard to find.

• Like (+1) 2

Check out an Xterra. Can be a good DD as well as an excellent off-road vehicle in stock condition.

Another alternative is a SWB Pajero 3.8. You need to just stay away from 2008-2011 models as they are known for upshifting.

• Like (+1) 2

58 minutes ago, prajupramod said:

Thanks Srikumar - Actually I was looking for a dedicated car for me as a daily driver and weekend drives. My intent is to stay away from the LC200 which is predominantly used by the family. 

Montero Sport seem to meet my budgets with relatively less mileage in general. The FJs and Y61 (my desired) at my budgets are being too hard to find.

This was the dilemma I had wen i was looking dedicated off roader. I was looking at some monetro sports and but ultimately i settled with 2012 xterra offroad version.  

I do not regret single bit of my purchase. Its a monter when offroading and chill enough to daily drive as well. 

For an equivalent budget of low mileage Montero you can find latest 2014-2015 xterra. 

Edited by Rizwanm2
  • Like (+1) 2

DD = Daily Driver

DD = Desert Driver

I agree, both Xterra and Pajero 3.8 are very capable off-road and smooth on road vehicles. Don't be in a hurry, test a few before deciding which one gives you a good vibe. Plus having so many in the community gives you so much knowledge about these vehicles.

• Like (+1) 3