•  

ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 9 Apr 2021

Wrangeld

@Wrangeld quick question about radio freq. Is the Freq setting listed some where for this drive and I'm missing it or will it be sent before meet-up? I have them pre-programmed from the FAQ and looking forward to learning how they are used in a convoy.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wadepat2 said:

@Wrangeld quick question about radio freq. Is the Freq setting listed some where for this drive and I'm missing it or will it be sent before meet-up? I have them pre-programmed from the FAQ and looking forward to learning how they are used in a convoy.

Absolute Newbie uses Carnity channel 1. I think thats 446 006.25. If you followed the instrictions on your radio then you should be OK. We will do a complete radio check , to make sure they are working, before we leave. 

• Like (+1) 2

8 hours ago, Imtiyaz Ali said:

Hello everyone!

This is going to be my first self drive ever in a desert. I am driving 2016 Jeep JKU, with 2.5 inch lift kit. Got all the stuff needed..my gear is much ahead of my game ;) Just need to set the frequency on my walkie talkie. See you all! 

Cheers,

Imtiaz Ali

Hi Imtiyaz, 

Looking forward to welcoming you on the drive on Friday. Thanks for the info on the vehicle. I am sure that you'll have fun. Please watch the tutorials on radios if you have any questions around the tuning. 

Also, please make ssure you wanted the tutorial about driving in the desert on the feed before arriving. 

@Lucas Neo and @Redza Jamil can you please tell us a little about yourselves in the same way that the other drivers introduced themselves. 

Regards, 

Wrangeld 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Wadepat2 said:

• Like (+1) 3
  • Well Done (+2) 1

Hi everyone, I've got a Wrangler Sahara 2015. I've only done a trail up Jebel Yanas (not sure if you would count that as off road) and just once to the bbq site near Al Qudra. I almost got stuck there even though I didn't go far so hope to learn how to do this properly the next time! Definitely hoping to explore more trails for camping, bbq's, and also rock climbing which is my main sport.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Badar Tariq said:

@Wrangeld dear i am using Pajero 2012 3.8, and i will be with my cousin on the driving seat , this would be his first experience. We are also geared up with everything required.

Regards,

Badar

Dear Badar, 

Only the driver listed with Carnity is allowed to drive, so if your cousin is the actual driver, they need to become a member of Carnity. The car is perfect - but you must sort out the driver situation as explained above. 

2 hours ago, Lucas Neo said:

Hi everyone, I've got a Wrangler Sahara 2015. I've only done a trail up Jebel Yanas (not sure if you would count that as off road) and just once to the bbq site near Al Qudra. I almost got stuck there even though I didn't go far so hope to learn how to do this properly the next time! Definitely hoping to explore more trails for camping, bbq's, and also rock climbing which is my main sport.

Hi Lucas, 

Fantastic - hipefully we can help you get closer to the mountains for when you finish climbing! Please make sure to take a look at the tutorial videos. These are essential viewin before the drive. . 

• Like (+1) 2

Hi All already signed up for the absolute newbie drive, 

Just a gentle reminder to carefully review the tutorial videos for Absolute newbies before you arrive on Friday.

Also, please check your front and rear tow points are in good order - there's simply nothing worse than arriving at the meeting point early on a Friday morning and finding that for what ever reason your car is not suitable to be driven. As I see it we have a combination of Mitsubishi Pajeros, Jeeps and Land Cruisers - but if you fitted bull bars or anything of that type the tow hooks might be obscured. 

Please do yourself the additional favor of removing all wind dams and spoilers that may fowl your ground clearance. We don't want to be leaving body parts in the desert come Friday. 

Myself and @Shamil look forward to welcoming you on Friday. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Ahmed Mostafa said:

Hi @Wrangeld

Thanks for the welcoming!

I've got 2016 Mitsubishi Gold Pajero. I did come several times with my friends here in Carnity. but as I passenger. 

So, this time I want to be the driver :)

Thanks. and see you all. 

Start enjoying driving in the sand!!!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Important Information

Terms of use