•  

ABSOLUTE NEWBIE Morning Desert Drive - Al Qudra - Dubai - 9 Apr 2021

Wrangeld

Hi 

Joining tomorrow will be my first drive and looking forward to it. Have a Nissan Patrol Safari, Silver , 2014 and will be very excited to meet and join everyone and learn how to use my car to its full potential

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/6/2021 at 1:04 PM, Badar Tariq said:

@Wrangeld dear i am using Pajero 2012 3.8, and i will be with my cousin on the driving seat , this would be his first experience. We are also geared up with everything required.

Regards,

Badar

• Like (+1) 1

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

On 4/7/2021 at 9:22 AM, Wrangeld said:

Hi Rahul, 

Ford Explorer - two things. First remove the air dams at the front. They make the car too low if fitted. Secondly, please make sure that the D hooks for towing are installed. Whereas everyone will tell you they are fitted as standard, I have had one or two occasions where an Explorer did not follow the 'standard' rule. 

As @Lakshmi Narasimhan, for an absolute newbie drive, your car is fine. 

@Wrangeld I checked my car, no air dams. front towing eye hook is there in tool box. do you suggest to install it before the ride?

for back side where should I look for the towing hook, I have no idea where to look. 

Thanks 

Rahul

Edited by Rahul kumar
  • Like (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, Rahul kumar said:

@Wrangeld I checked my car, no air dams. front towing eye hook is there in tool box. do you suggest to install it before the ride?

for back side where should I look for the towing hook, I have no idea where to look. 

Thanks 

Rahul

Hi Rahul, 

It's not a tow hook like for a caravan, it's a D hook through which we can pass a rope if you need to be recovered. On the Explorer these are often hidden under some body work or plastic shroud. What you are looking for is something that looks like this. 

Image result for ford explorer tow hook location

• Like (+1) 2

Dear Absolute Newbie drivers, 

I hope you are looking forward to the drive tomorrow morning and the excitement that awaits you. 

We publish the night before a drive our convoy numbering and order (please see tutorial to understand this if it's not clear) so that everyone knows where they will be driving in the convoy on Friday morning.

For this first drive only, we will supply radios to any driver that does not have their own radio. For those that have a radio, we will be using Carnity channel 1 at frequency 446 006 25. 

Morning Absolute Newbie Qudra 9th April 2021  
Attendees Level Car Radio Pos #  
Wrangeld Marshal Mitsubishi Pajero SWB Y 1  
Lucas Neo @Lucas Neo Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler SWB Y 2  
Peter Hogg @Peter Hogg Absolute Newbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Y 3  
Ahmed Mostafa @Ahmed Mostafa Absolute Newbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Y 4  
Mohammad Imran Khan Absolute Newbie Mitsubishi Pajero LWB Y 5  
Aragon @ARAGON Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler LWB Y 6  
Morshedi @Morshedi Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler LWB Y 7  
Imtiyaz Ali @Imtiyaz Ali Absolute Newbie Jeep Wrangler LWB Y 8  
Redza Jamil @Redza Jamil Absolute Newbie Toyota Land Cruiser Y 9  
wadepat2 @Wadepat2 Absolute Newbie Toyota Land Cruiser Y 10  
Rahul Kumar @Rahul kumar Absolute Newbie Ford Explorer Y 11  
Christopher Assal @Christopher Assal Absolute Newbie Nissan Patrol Super Safari LWB Y 12  
Shamil @Shamil Expert Nissan Xterra Y 13 SW

• Like (+1) 3
  • Totally Agree (+2) 1
  • Well Done (+2) 2

15 minutes ago, Wrangeld said:

Hi Rahul, 

It's not a tow hook like for a caravan, it's a D hook through which we can pass a rope if you need to be recovered. On the Explorer these are often hidden under some body work or plastic shroud. What you are looking for is something that looks like this. 

Image result for ford explorer tow hook location

@Wrangeld is this the one we are looking for?2139150345_WhatsAppImage2021-04-08at2_24_07PM.jpeg.8a05fa2e658083042debec64a91b7b74.jpeg

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rahul kumar said:

@Wrangeld is this the one we are looking for?2139150345_WhatsAppImage2021-04-08at2_24_07PM.jpeg.8a05fa2e658083042debec64a91b7b74.jpeg

Yes. We need them front and back (and in good condition).

• Like (+1) 1

Hi 

excuse my lack of knowledge but I assume on the safari patrol these are standard I have looked and not seen round hooks as such with the explorer, but multiple points I believe that lines can be hooked up on

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Gaurav said:

Dear @Gaurav @Wrangeld i didnt knew the process of buying one day absolute drive for my cousin. Surely we can make new registration but due to time constraint i did it from my login. Please let me know what can i do now so that we can join the drive tomorrow?

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Badar Tariq said:

Dear @Gaurav @Wrangeld i didnt knew the process of buying one day absolute drive for my cousin. Surely we can make new registration but due to time constraint i did it from my login. Please let me know what can i do now so that we can join the drive tomorrow?

Ask your cousin to subscribe and then you can give his user ID here, so that @Wrangeld can swap that with your ID, as Richard is still saving your name in the RSVP list.

• Like (+1) 2

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

Important Information

Terms of use