•  
Advertise here

Wheel unbalance after desert drive.

using @Rob Harper advice above - ordered a roll of this tape  ready for my next visit to the tire store.  @VipinShetty Finding a garage with the right hammer on weights or that uses better adhesive may take longer so will use the BMOT method 'bring my own tape' :) until i find that place!

great tips - i haven't suffered this (yet) but adding the tape to the tool bag now! 

Thanks all for your guidance and recommendations plus @VipinShetty for starting this discussion.

• Like (+1) 6

On 4/5/2021 at 9:49 AM, Rob Harper said:

Keep in mind that not all wheels are compatible with hammer on weights.

Good point, I missed on that.

• Like (+1) 4

Let's root for each other & watch each other grow.

@VipinShetty there is also the small chance that there is a build up of sand on your wheel from the desert. My tires (like Ahab) feel unbalanced from time to time. A bit of a shakedown later and some speed bumps to shake out the desert from under the car and we as a good as gold. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thanks (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Wrangeld said:

@VipinShetty there is also the small chance that there is a build up of sand on your wheel from the desert. My tires (like Ahab) feel unbalanced from time to time. A bit of a shakedown later and some speed bumps to shake out the desert from under the car and we as a good as gold. 

This also explains the return of balance after the steam wash , same principle I guess. 

• Like (+1) 4

7 hours ago, Mohamed Seidam said:

This also explains the return of balance after the steam wash , same principle I guess. 

I always do an engine bay wash and underside wash after 2 to 3 drives depending on how many drives I'm doing in a week. Plus I clean the air filter, check all the fluids if at all they developed a leak after the severe punishments my Xterra goes through. 

• Totally Agree (+2) 1